lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-27-2014, 02:56 PM   #1
Silverstreak
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Bummer, about 2 of my newish batteries

I bought brand new Trojan batteries for my cart in November, 2011. (T-105s).

I sent the cart recently to be serviced at an EZGO place. I was very happy with the last servicing there.
He just told me that they had to replace 2 of the batteries because after putting it through a simulation (or whatever it's called), they only had 2.2 volts.

He said that sometimes this just happens. I took excellent care of them......charged them every night and always checked their water level.
Unfortunately the warranty expired in May of 2013.

How common is this, and what can I do to keep this from happening again?
Silverstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-27-2014, 04:10 PM   #2
crash test dummy

Default Re: Bummer, about 2 of my newish batteries

were the 2 dead batteries used for your lights ?
Old 03-27-2014, 04:11 PM   #3
Silverstreak
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I'm not sure what you mean. But.....I haven't used my lights for a year, because the knob would get so hot I couldn't touch it. My lights were wired in a bad place, by the guy I bought the cart from. The EZGO people wired it to the key this time.
Old 03-27-2014, 05:04 PM   #4
crash test dummy

if you use the lights hooked to just 2 batteries then over time it will shorten the life of those 2 batteries .., some times batteries just die
Old 03-27-2014, 05:16 PM   #5
Silverstreak
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Hmmm.....I don't know if they were or not. Seems like if you're going to buy the best batteries, and you treat them right, they should last longer than a little over 2 years, right?

I used the lights a little, after the service in late 2012, when they rewired the lights. But then it became too hot to even use the knob to turn them on. Maybe that had an effect, if they were powered by just 2 batteries? I have lots of mice around here, so maybe they caused some problem.

I think this EZGO place knows what they're doing, but it raises the concern about only replacing 2 batteries.

Could it possibly have something to do with my charger? I'm pretty sure it charges well. I've never had an inkling that I was having trouble with 2 of the batteries.
Old 03-27-2014, 05:22 PM   #6
crash test dummy

i would of asked to see the 2 batteries ... also replacing just 2 batteries will shorten the life of the 2 new ones as they will be drawn down to the old batteries level .. nob getting hot ? could of been bad ... yea maybe one battery going bad but 2 ?? no charger will not cause just 2 batteries to go bad
Old 03-27-2014, 05:28 PM   #7
Silverstreak
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Well, since I'm no mechanic and the closest golf cart repair place is about 90 miles away...........I have to depend on the kindness of strangers. haha
They could have taken much more advantage of me than they did........so I'm thinking they did what they felt needed to be done.

I'm just bummed that I think I did everything right, and it still wasn't enough.
Old 03-27-2014, 05:32 PM   #8
crash test dummy

take a photo of the battery area showing wires and post it
Old 03-27-2014, 07:12 PM   #9
Silverstreak
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

It's still at the EZGO place.
Old 03-27-2014, 07:14 PM   #10
crash test dummy

oh .. ok
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO