lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-08-2014, 08:43 PM   #11
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2000 TXT series fixer upper - what would you do next?

Just be aware that a stock controller and solenoid aren't made for a rear seat or larger tires. I killed two solenoids with everything stock (but my driving habits). Make sure you don't go too far to walk home and tow it back before you beef it up.

You can certainly make this a machine that will be the envy of your 'hood, but series and 48 volt upgrades aren't cheap.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-06-2014, 07:22 PM   #12
Schtibo
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Today I put in an Alltrax SPM48400EZ controller that i got from a friend who sold his cart and put the stock controller back in. So far I have not found a good setting for speed / torque that improves performance much better than upgrading cables did. I figure I'll wait till I blow out the solenoid before I upgrade that to HD. Any suggestions on a good program setting - more speed than torque would be preferable as it's on pavement more than dirt.
Schtibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 11:37 AM   #13
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schtibo View Post
Today I put in an Alltrax SPM48400EZ controller that i got from a friend who sold his cart and put the stock controller back in. So far I have not found a good setting for speed / torque that improves performance much better than upgrading cables did. I figure I'll wait till I blow out the solenoid before I upgrade that to HD. Any suggestions on a good program setting - more speed than torque would be preferable as it's on pavement more than dirt.
Schtibo, seeing as how you are still at 36v.....unless you have changed out your motor..... you won't be actually seeing any speed increase, regardless of the settings....and your torque increase.....I doubt very seriously that you will be able to actually feel it....whether its actually increased or not. IF you truly want to increase the speed and or torque of a series cart, you are going to have to either increase the voltage.....or change out the motor to either a high speed or high torque motor, just depends on what your end goal is. but upgrading the delivery system (controller, solenoid, f&r switch) will make it more efficient and can them handle the bigger motor.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 11:54 AM   #14
chloe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Schtibo: As people are suggesting, it is best to rebuild/replace the entire drive line at one time. Anything, in the link, that is not improved will be the bottle neck for what has been improved. In other words, it's like a chain. The whole drive line is no better/stronger than your weakest link.
If you replace everything except the motor, you will probably see an increase in both torque and speed. But, you may have to measure it before you can see it. Your system will be giving the motor everything it can handle and, assuming the motor is in good condition, will result in slight improvements over the stock system. But the motor will still be the weak link in your chain.
While that sounds like a long and expensive road, (it is), it also results in a near bullet proof drive line. When you add a modified motor, your quest will be complete.
Search around for the various motor builders. They all have a "specialty" they offer. I use an EMP two speed. Others use D&D or Plum Quick or some other builder. Find the one that suits your needs and wallet, then go for it.
chloe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2000, 36v, ezgo, series, txt
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO