lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-28-2014, 06:10 AM   #21
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2000 Ezgo TXT PDS upgrade problem

I can't see any difference between the two pics posted either, unless it needs a gender bender. I can clearly see what's in the pic on the right, but not the one on the left.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-28-2014, 06:18 AM   #22
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Could also be the size, but all of the pins that have angled sides look identical in both pics.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 06:53 AM   #23
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The pic on the left is a -5° rotation and crop of the fourth pic in Post#14.
Bad angle to see inside jack, so it could be a gender issue.
Also, bad angle for wall thickness and white material has different color, and no easy way to measure spacing from pictures taken with different camers, but the dimensional specs on Molex plugs haven't changed that I know of.

I'm looking forward to finding out what the difference is.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 08:00 AM   #24
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

My understanding is the pin locations are different and there is some question as to whether or not the controller is responsible for the solenoid activation or not.
The reason I sent this guy here was for you 2 to help him figure out what the differences were. I thought this had been done here previously?
Anyway a new harness is only $139 which is less than you would pay a mechanic or technician to figure it out. And the cart gets all new wiring - Considering the level of build this guy wants to make thats a good solid start.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 12:17 PM   #25
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

There were two flavors of PDS in 2000.

The ones built after May-2000 (I'm not 100% if that changeover date is correct) have the F/R switch on the dash and use the same control wiring harness (74324-G01) as later years to present 36V PDS carts.

The earlier ones (Pre-May 2000?) used a DCS type F/R switch that is mounted in the seat pedestal (lever by the driver's right knee) and uses a Part# 73271-G01 control wiring harness.

I have yet to find a schematic or wiring diagram for the 2000 PDS with the seat mounted switch, so I'm not sure of what the differences are between the two control wiring harnesses, other than one has wires going to a seat mounted F/R switch will the other has wires going to a dash mounted F/R switch.

There are logic (electrical) differences between the two types of F/R switches, but with some creative wiring (either the way the microswitches in the DCS type F/R switch are connected, or within the wiring harness) they will both tell the 1206MX controller to shift from forward to reverse.

As for solenoid activation. The controller activates the solenoid by supplying B- to the solenoid coil with both the DCS and PDS controllers and as well with the aftermarket DCX that is used as an upgrade for both. The PDS controller also supplies B+ to the solenoid coil, while with the DCS and DCX B+ is supplied via mechanical switches outside the controller.

Since mhynd has the dash mounted F/R switch, I suspect just a standard PDS to DCX adapter was needed, but I do agree that replacing a 14 year old control wiring harness is a good idea for a complete build.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 01:58 PM   #26
mhynd
Not Yet Wild

When I get the new harness, I will send pictures as a comparison between the two.

Still working on getting the cart ready for the electronics. I cut the front end off an older polaris and have built mounts for it. Front end gives me a-arms and struts. Bearings, tierods ends, and such need replaced so staying busy on that as time allows. Also have a limited slip that I need to put in.
mhynd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 11:44 AM   #27
abamadude
Not Yet Wild

Bump
abamadude is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO