lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-25-2014, 06:47 PM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 36v to 48v conversion recommendations

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRTPIT HC View Post
Seth, I got the C 74 pkg, 2 g cables, SOC meter, HD FNR, DPI charger, and D&D high toque motor from ScottyB. In the neighborhood I am getting 18 mph on flat ground and about 13-14 on pretty good rolling hills and I believe the cart will flip over before stalling on hills. I went from 36v to 6- 8v 48v battery pack. With about 12 PSI in 22'' tires I got 20 miles when trying to determine how far I could go on a charge. That was carrying 2 passengers, about 500lb total load and stopped with 49v SOC. On first work day at deer camp, with 22'' mud tires aired to 8 psi, I believe I ran about 10 miles, mud, hills, flats and still had about 49.4v. Was carrying about 400lbs, 1 passenger, filled 65 qt yeti, 2 saws, and gear. Had guys on tractors saying the cart seemed really fast. Cart pulled the largest hill at the camp like a champ. Scotty sells awesome stuff and gives really good customer service.
Now that's what I'm talking about
Notice he has a CC and 6/8v batteries all this adds up to about 350 pounds less than a steel frame cart with 8/6v. The reduction in weight has boosted his performance and extended his run time. Your results may vary.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-25-2014, 07:24 PM   #12
Sethjamto
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I hear ya on all the good info. Time to sit down and figure it all out.

Scottyb...hopefully I'll be giving you a call in the really near future!
Sethjamto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 12:09 PM   #13
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethjamto View Post
I guess I can stay withPSI the 22" tires. I just thought the higher voltage would handle the 23's without an issue. I see what you're saying though. I just liked the idea of the AH capacity of 8 6v's versus the 6 8v's for longer run times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethjamto View Post
I hear ya on all the good info. Time to sit down and figure it all out.................
There are more than one way to skin a cat and you're on the right track about sitting down and figuring it all out.

Tires: Some 23" tires weigh less than some 22" tires.
If you are just looking for speed (and range), get tires with road type tread patterns.
If you need off-road traction, look for high pressure tires with aggressive treads. (Tires with max inflation pressures below 10 PSI tend to limit top speed)
Going from 22" to 23" tires will up the speed by about 4% and reduce torque by about 4%.

Pack voltage: Upping to 48V will up both speed and torque up to about 1/3, so the 4% torque loss by going to 23" tires will be more than offset by the increased pack voltage.

6 x 8V vs 8 x 6V: Top speed will be close to the same, but 8 X 6V will be a bit slower because rolling resistance is directly proportional to weigh and eight batteries weigh more than six batteries. Same with acceleration.

Range: You are already running a high capacity 36V battery pack and my charts are based on a standard capacity 36V pack, but some useful information can still be gleaned from them.

You existing 251AH battery has about 11.6% more range than the standard 225AH 36V pack, so you'll will have to use 190AH 8V batteries to break even.

The highest AH 8V batteries commonly found are Trojan Ranger 160 at 204AH, which would give you about 8.6% more range than what your existing batteries did when they were new. To get more range than that, you will have to go with a 8 x 6V pack (or 7 x 6V pack).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6 Volt Battery AH comparisons.JPG (102.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 8 Volt Battery AH comparisons.JPG (79.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 48V kWh Comparisons.JPG (105.4 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 01:11 PM   #14
sowilliams
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I went to 48 volts (6 Trojan T-875's) the Alltrax 48500 controller, SD reversing contactor, 400 amp solenoid, 2 ga cables and 22" off road tires and I run 30 MPH and I haven't found a hill that even strains the cart. Like Dirtpit I believe it would flip before stopping. I do have an aftermarket motor that I am not certain but have been told it is the Raptor. Scotty can set you up so you leave your buddy in the dust.
sowilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO