lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-14-2014, 03:05 PM   #11
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: EZGO 2Five

I would not get a GEM! Parts are not that common, they drive like a truck, and if you go with gel batteries, you are looking at 1800.00!

I have one, and biggest draw back, is that tall people can't fit in them. I was going to sell it to a six foot tall guy, but he couldn't fit in it. His knees bottom out on the dash, due to the fact the go pedal is flat on the floor and is raised about 3 inches.
smokey tennis shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-14-2014, 05:47 PM   #12
pujo
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks guys for the info. A former GEM dealer, and consumer both say stay away from the GEM. That says a lot.

I am going to purchase a NEW unit, "Street Legal" for Louisiana.
I'm not up to par on all the laws, but I will assume that the required items mandated by the state are already on a LSV Street Legal.

That being said, I will probably go with the 2Five. Only wish the rear seat was front facing, and a full hard shell cab. That is what was pulling me to the GEM.

I have been searching for 2five vs e2 on the net, but really haven't found much. So, I will be in touch with an EZGO dealer in the area tomorrow to schedule a visit, and test drive. I do hope that options that are available to my other carts are available for the new ride.

Thanks guys!
I will share pics when I do make the decision to fork out the 10k-12k on a street legal ride.

PuJo
de kd5ttz
pujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 06:57 PM   #13
sunking
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey tennis shoe View Post
if you go with gel batteries, you are looking at 1800.00!
Not to mention replace them once a year. NEVER NEVER NEVER use a gel battery except for a fire alarm system or emergency lighting.
sunking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 06:59 PM   #14
sunking
Gone Wild

Pujo EZGO parts are available everywhere at reasonable prices. That makes the decision pretty easy.

73's to ya

KF5LJW
Old 09-14-2014, 07:29 PM   #15
pujo
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunking View Post
Not to mention replace them once a year. NEVER NEVER NEVER use a gel battery except for a fire alarm system or emergency lighting.
$1800 a year on batteries! Yikes! No way.

Quote:
Pujo EZGO parts are available everywhere at reasonable prices. That makes the decision pretty easy.

73's to ya

KF5LJW
Didn't realize there were any other hams on the site!
Old 09-14-2014, 08:16 PM   #16
sunking
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by pujo View Post
Didn't realize there were any other hams on the site!
Takes one to know one. I am a ham and a pro. I am a professional licensed electrical engineer. Don't do much RF work any more as it doesn't pay very good, did very early in my career, but today mostly power generation, transmission, distribution, battery plants, and process control. Still do a lot of work for telephone companies especially cellular, but on the power side of it. Today any nickel dime rookie can do RF as it is all plug-n-play. Cell phones and internet kind of ended ham radio unfortunately. I still operate 2-meter and some 20/40 meter rag chewing. Also do some technical writing for lightning protection, and protective grounding. Not many young members in ham today, mostly fossils like myself. Sad!
Old 09-14-2014, 08:48 PM   #17
pujo
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunking View Post
Takes one to know one. I am a ham and a pro. I am a professional licensed electrical engineer. Don't do much RF work any more as it doesn't pay very good, did very early in my career, but today mostly power generation, transmission, distribution, battery plants, and process control. Still do a lot of work for telephone companies especially cellular, but on the power side of it. Today any nickel dime rookie can do RF as it is all plug-n-play. Cell phones and internet kind of ended ham radio unfortunately. I still operate 2-meter and some 20/40 meter rag chewing. Also do some technical writing for lightning protection, and protective grounding. Not many young members in ham today, mostly fossils like myself. Sad!
I am also a process control tech offshore specializing in Automation.
PLC / DCS / PLC5 / SLC500 / Logix 5000 / WonderWare / Allen Bradley / GE applications. With an I&E background.

You said that right, anyone can be trained to match colors and plugs.

Just go to Radio-Shack and ask for a PL-259. You get the deer in the headlights look!!

Looking into QRP from the Gulf. If I can find the time.
Usually 16 hr days for me. But it's not too bad as I work a 14/14 rotation.
Old 09-14-2014, 09:55 PM   #18
sunking
Gone Wild

PUJO check you PM.
Old 09-15-2014, 01:36 AM   #19
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by pujo View Post

Just go to Radio-Shack and ask for a PL-259. You get the deer in the headlights look!!
There is a good reason radio shack is gonna go out of business. When i (infrequently) go in there looking for a component or do-dad for a project, the staff is totally clueless what you are talking about. All they know how to do is follow you around like a troll, trying to sell you a phone. I usually tell them to leave me alone, because they are of no use to my project.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 08:00 AM   #20
pujo
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
There is a good reason radio shack is gonna go out of business. When i (infrequently) go in there looking for a component or do-dad for a project, the staff is totally clueless what you are talking about. All they know how to do is follow you around like a troll, trying to sell you a phone. I usually tell them to leave me alone, because they are of no use to my project.
If you are looking for a cellular phone, you've gone to the right place.
Answer just about any question you have.
Anything else, forget about it.

Cheers!
Pujo
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO