lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-08-2022, 06:25 AM   #11
GolfNfool
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Lithium newb. Do you charge in the garage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat911 View Post
Is 54.1v the voltage after the charger turns off or is it the maximum it gets to while charging? If it’s the voltage it settles to after charging then it’s fine.
When I unplugged it from the charger it was at 54.1 and that was Tuesday before my work trip. I never plugged the charger in and just checked it and it dropped to 53.1 while out of town. Seems like Im losing some run time here.

According to their chart 53.1 at no load is somewhere between 99% and 90% charged. 53.2 being 99% and 52.8 being 90%.
GolfNfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-08-2022, 11:08 AM   #12
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

LiFePO4 voltage will settle when disconnected from the charger. This is absolutely normal and you’re not loosing run time.

Does your charger turn itself off or does it remain charging until you disconnect it? i.e. does it get to a higher voltage than 54.1v but by the time you turn it off it has already begun to settle?
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 12:52 PM   #13
GolfNfool
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
LiFePO4 voltage will settle when disconnected from the charger. This is absolutely normal and you’re not loosing run time.

Does your charger turn itself off or does it remain charging until you disconnect it? i.e. does it get to a higher voltage than 54.1v but by the time you turn it off it has already begun to settle?
Great question. I have not checked the voltage while the fan is running. Have only checked it when solid green and the fan has turned off.
Old 07-17-2022, 02:28 PM   #14
GolfNfool
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:

Finally had time to check this.

It never gets above 54.1.

I just checked the voltage while charging. Measured at the bus bar while the charger was active.
Old 07-18-2022, 04:28 AM   #15
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

As I said previously, I think that’s a bit low for a LiFePO4 battery.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 09:27 AM   #16
GolfNfool
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
As I said previously, I think that’s a bit low for a LiFePO4 battery.
I went back and checked the voltage at the back side of the Anderson connector on the charger side. It was at 55.1v. I believe the voltage at the bus bar was from the batteries. I think I'll eventually swap this charger out to something that can hit the higher end of the charging range.
Old 07-28-2022, 07:11 AM   #17
GolfNfool
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Didnt want to start a new thread so heres another question.

My BB Eagle kit came with 175amp anderson connectors with 6 gauge wire. The battery's have a max discharge of 360amps for like 6 seconds. Would there be any benefit to switch the battery cables over to 2 gauge wires? Im thinking when I floor it those 6 gauge wires are taking on a lot of heat!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO