lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-13-2018, 07:47 AM   #11
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: My 36V TXT build.

If you have any questions about which batteries to buy ask them on this forum. The experts here know a lot about different brands and capacities.

Club Car DS driver’s club #59
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-13-2018, 08:43 AM   #12
handtools
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

If you need to buy batteries anyway, it would be the perfect time to upgrade to 48v
handtools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 12:27 PM   #13
DFW Rusty
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by handtools View Post
If you need to buy batteries anyway, it would be the perfect time to upgrade to 48v
Maybe in the future, but not quite yet. Already looking at close to $1k in batteries, not sure I want to drop another $1500 on converting just yet.
DFW Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 12:34 PM   #14
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default My 36V TXT build.

What batteries are close to $1000? Solid gold plated?

Old 11-14-2018, 09:18 AM   #15
DFW Rusty
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeL View Post
What batteries are close to $1000? Solid gold plated?

Local battery supply has Trojan T105 for $177.71 a piece, totaling $1,066.26 before taxes (hopefully no taxes, since I have ag exempt).

Another Battery shop has Duracell Pro Ultra 6v 230AH golf cart batteries for $141 a piece after taxes, totaling $846. Seems like a better deal, but I can't find any reviews on them.

I am having trouble finding anyone who carries the interstate golf cart batteries. Called one place (rv shop) and they were 30% higher than the internet price !
DFW Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 09:58 AM   #16
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Rusty.....looking at your name you are bound to be in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.....certainly you could go to a golf course or courses in your area and talk to the folks that maintain their carts and ask them where they get their batteries from, might give you some additional options.

NOW some hard facts about your cart.....Its a SERIES drive (just like mine) so with that in mind, I have a little insight with what I have done and learned over the years here from this forum.

From what you stated in your OP (original post)....You have already gotten a 6" lift and 22" wheels/tires, and a rear flip seat. Once installed and you get your new 6v (36v pack) batteries.....and running the rest of the drive system on stock components, your batteries life span WILL be shortened, just depends on your terrain. As by putting additional load on the drive system by putting the rear seat on (more weight), and larger tires (requires more torque to turn them) will make the entire system to work harder to roll down the road.
TYPICALLY a new set of quality batteries will last 5-1/2 years or a little better depending on how well you take care of them.
As far as your "upgrade" goes, its highly recommended to do it all at the same time. although you can do it "piece meal". before you buy ANYTHING, decide what your end game in for your cart, (required speed/torque requirements/needs/wants) this will determine what controller you want/need (400 amp/500 amp/ect....) and if you want/will upgrade to 48v in the future, you need to buy everything that will do "double duty" so that it will end up just a matter of swapping out the batteries from 6v's to 8v's

best advise I can give you.....TAKE YOUR TIME.....Don't rush into anything, do your "homework" so you won't end up buying something that won't do what you want it to do.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 10:05 AM   #17
handtools
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Do you have access to a Sam's or Costco?
handtools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 10:37 AM   #18
cvingr
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Just my 2 cents also... I bought a 2001 TXT 36 volt cart, added a rear seat, lift, 23 inch tires/wheels. I use it for hunting, cruising the property. I had a lot of problems with overheated f/r switch, wiring, etc.. I think it`s too much for a stock 36 volt system. again, just my opinion. I upgraded this year to 48 volt with Scotty`s huntin buggie package and Trojan T-875 batteries. I couldnt be happier! Yes, it is expensive, but I would HIGHLY recommend it! even if you have to do it in phases... The guys on here can give you ALL the info you need and the best process to do it, but as Nuke said above, take your time to do your homework before spending a lot of money on batteries or anything untill you are positive of what you want to do.. And also, FYI, I bought 8 Trojan T-875`s for about $925ish out the door, with core trade in.
cvingr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 10:40 AM   #19
cvingr
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I also spent a lot of time researching batteries...brands, cost, life span, etc... and was convinced it is worth a little extra to get a quality battery. Again, just my opinion.
cvingr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 10:51 AM   #20
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW Rusty View Post
Local battery supply has Trojan T105 for $177.71 a piece, totaling $1,066.26 before taxes (hopefully no taxes, since I have ag exempt).

That’s high for T-105s. That’s over $100 more PER BATTERY than my local Sams when they go on sale.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO