lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-26-2022, 10:14 PM   #11
noserider
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Little disappointed with the forum

I said I was a little disappointed not a lot disappointed. It was just an observation on my part. Things have changed here over the years. I think Scotty nailed it. It's still a great forum and the best one to be associated with on the net.
noserider is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-26-2022, 10:16 PM   #12
TooMuchJuice
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by noserider View Post
I recently asked for some help troubleshooting my neighbor's cart that would not move. There were a couple of people who tried to help. So, thanks to those that did. When I joined this forum many years ago, you could ask questions and the experienced guys would jump in. It doesn't seem to be that way anymore. That is kind of sad. Forums like these are such a good tool for those of us that are inexperienced to learn how to fix our carts and not go to a dealer. And when those of us who learn to give back by sharing what we have learned. That's the cycle. What happened to the spirit of helping? Maybe I'm wrong but it sure seems that way. I reviewed some recent post and saw many that went completely unanswered. I realize none of us has an obligation to help but that's what make these forums so great. Sorry for the rant.
Seems like this is kinda the mantra of the country lately. With Todays vibe of “just leave me the hell alone or I’ll pop you “.. it makes me wonder where we are headed? In 40 years we went from tipping our hats at a lady in the street, to watching the same woman , today, get beat to death, while we record it and post online and hope for views…I try to not let negativity get a hold of me, but it’s hard when you see your country degrading morally at such a rapid pace…
TooMuchJuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 10:16 PM   #13
TooMuchJuice
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

And how’s that for taking a topic and going way overboard?! Lol
TooMuchJuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 01:20 AM   #14
glassk
Gone Wild

Club Car

It's batteries or a connection,

90% of the time,...
glassk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 02:31 AM   #15
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

To give my 2 cents, I agree totally with Scotty's statement regarding older members moving on. But I will also add, I have worked many forums, answered many questions and had good results. The fact that we give our time when we can, totally voluntarily seems to be forgotten. I have left and returned to this forum several times. This time around, I returned with very little interaction with carts personally over the last ten years. I get great pleasure from helping people solve problems. BUT. How about the people guys like me try to help out and then they never bother posting what the results were or even just saying thank you once in a while. Yes, there are "know it alls" who tend to give dubious answers and there are those of us who will jump in to correct it. Yes there are people who try to give advice without any real knowledge, But again, we jump in to make sure the advice is correctly given.
I could go on all day, but we all have to remember. We do this without any return. We do this for a certain pleasure in helping others by passing on things we have learned over many years. I have been here, same as Scotty and many other members for over 15 years, but many have moved on since.

I am Not having a poke at anyone, Things work both ways. I make mistakes too and get called out on it. I learn from that. we have to work as a community together and be one big happy family. Sometimes it sure dont feel like it. LOL.

Maybe it is time for us old members to move on too. Let the youngsters take over.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 05:33 AM   #16
rowlands57
Gone Wild
Club Car

The only advice I offer, and it's not often, is when I have actually done the job or had the exact same experience myself. I don't know enough about the stuff I have not dealt with, other than what I read here as a frequent visitor.

If I can help directly I will try, otherwise I let the folks with much more experience handle things if they have the time and inclination.
rowlands57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 09:52 AM   #17
noserider
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartmaster View Post
To give my 2 cents, I agree totally with Scotty's statement regarding older members moving on. But I will also add, I have worked many forums, answered many questions and had good results. The fact that we give our time when we can, totally voluntarily seems to be forgotten. I have left and returned to this forum several times. This time around, I returned with very little interaction with carts personally over the last ten years. I get great pleasure from helping people solve problems. BUT. How about the people guys like me try to help out and then they never bother posting what the results were or even just saying thank you once in a while. Yes, there are "know it alls" who tend to give dubious answers and there are those of us who will jump in to correct it. Yes there are people who try to give advice without any real knowledge, But again, we jump in to make sure the advice is correctly given.
I could go on all day, but we all have to remember. We do this without any return. We do this for a certain pleasure in helping others by passing on things we have learned over many years. I have been here, same as Scotty and many other members for over 15 years, but many have moved on since.

I am Not having a poke at anyone, Things work both ways. I make mistakes too and get called out on it. I learn from that. we have to work as a community together and be one big happy family. Sometimes it sure dont feel like it. LOL.

Maybe it is time for us old members to move on too. Let the youngsters take over.
Don't move on. We need the experienced guys to stick around! Someone mentioned the search feature to find answers. I could not agree more. I always start there and will sometimes spend many hours reading. That's my favorite part of the forum. The information that's in the data base. Many times when I get on the forum looking for answers I only use the search feature. Most of the time you can find exactly what your looking for.
noserider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 10:58 AM   #18
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Well done. It looks like the OP achieved success. The forum is awake and ready to help this AM. Despite what you see of the country on the news this golf carting community has always been a close group of supportive individuals who are quick to lend advice, support, and even criticism where needed.
Ask questions of the posters when you do not understand the question asked. After all this is a discussion board not wikipedia
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 09:26 PM   #19
Out2Sea
Gone Wild

I think you’ll find forums are old technology mostly followed by long term members that have developed a sense of ownership. Many times they are stuck in their ways, dictate the feel of the forum, or are attempting to profit off their affiliation to the forum due to some sideline home cottage non S&B business.

Groups in social media is the next knowledge and fad technology generation. Problem is for old long term forum members switching to a group puts them at ground zero, so they stay behind in a dying technology where they can still rule. New memberships shrinks as do the questions and responses.
Out2Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 11:01 PM   #20
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

And you think membership here is shrinking? Just take a look at the new membership applications each and every day! That has to say something about this forum.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car