lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-03-2022, 10:19 AM   #1
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 2007 YDRE No Solenoid Activation.

I'm working with a 2007 Yamaha YDRE. I have a pretty extensive background in EzGo and Club Car but Yamaha is totally alien to me. I have 51 volts on the battery pack. I have traced power through key switch to controller. I've traced power through pedal switch to controller. I've traced power to FR switch and through to controller. I have no revers buzzer and no solenoid click. My question is the grey wire with diode from the charge receptacle to the controller. On an EzGo RXV there is a blue wire from the receptacle to the controller that is a charge disable and must have battery pack voltage for the controller to function. Is the grey wire with diode a similar arrangement on the Yamaha ? Is it possible that I have a bad charge receptacle that has the controller locked out ? Should there be power on that grey from the receptacle ? I am reading nothing on that grey on either side of the diode with charger connected or disconnected. All indications are a bad Moric controller, UNLESS it's locked out by charger disable. Ideas ?
sthreatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-03-2022, 10:28 AM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 2007 YDRE No Solenoid Activation.

Sure does sound like a bad Moric controller. They are prone to failure. The other thing to check before replacing the controller is the state of the motor brushes. Bad motor brushes can kill a controller.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 12:18 PM   #3
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

What is the function of the grey wire from the charge receptacle ? What is the purpose of the diode ? Why am I reading no voltage on that wire regardless of the connection of the charger ?
Old 07-03-2022, 03:45 PM   #4
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Enclosed the wiring diagram YDRE:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Ydre_3.pdf (38.0 KB, 0 views)
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 04:18 PM   #5
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojo View Post
Enclosed the wiring diagram YDRE:
Thanks, but I already have that diagram. It shows that the grey wire goes to pin 2 of the controller, but no functional description or voltage value. And I'm still puzzled by the diode .
Old 07-03-2022, 05:40 PM   #6
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Charging sensor / data line, i think it's only used with a 3-pin Yamaha charger. No real description to find anywhere.
Old 07-03-2022, 05:57 PM   #7
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Not sure exactly how the charger controls that but it's open circuit when the charger is unplugged so the cart should run with it disconnected.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 06:24 PM   #8
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
Not sure exactly how the charger controls that but it's open circuit when the charger is unplugged so the cart should run with it disconnected.
I've just about resigned myself to the likelihood that I'm working with a dead controller, as all other components are checking good and all inputs to the controller are good. Didn't want to give up completely until I better understood how charging lockout worked and ruled it out as the culprit. Whatever is going on the controller will not provide a ground for the solenoid or reverse beeper. Still don't understand the method of lockout or the concept that the grey wire never shows voltage under any circumstance. With only 3 wires leaving the charge receptacle, whatever the lockout is ( assuming it has one ) HAS to be transmitted on that grey wire to pin 2 . Time to give up I guess. Not familiar enough with Yamaha to tackle.
Old 07-04-2022, 06:11 AM   #9
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Delta Q says for the Yamaha Ydre charger " the charger communicates with the onboard Computer " and the Alltrax Ydre wiring diagram shows Pin 2 " charge disable ". It seems to be a com port charger/controller
Old 07-04-2022, 07:18 AM   #10
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojo View Post
Delta Q says for the Yamaha Ydre charger " the charger communicates with the onboard Computer " and the Alltrax Ydre wiring diagram shows Pin 2 " charge disable ". It seems to be a com port charger/controller
In a similar situation with an RXV, behaving identically, and finding no voltage on the blue wire from the charge receptacle, i can jumper battery voltage to the blue and the controller will wake up. I'm wondering, since there is never any voltage showing on the grey on the YDRE receptacle, if I jumper voltage there, will I have the same response. I've been hesitant to do that because I don't know how it works and am puzzled by the diode. Afraid if I do that I may blow an otherwise good controller. Think I'm just going to return it to it's owner and tell them it's above my pay grade. Take it to a Yamaha dealer.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha