lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-03-2022, 10:55 AM   #1
Denzone
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default DPI Accusense branded charger acting up

Good day, just want to ask this and see if I am getting smoke blown up you know where.

When I made the move to 48-volts I got a DPI Accusense branded charger called Pro-Fit. For a few years now it has worked fine. Last year, it stopped working and I took it back to the dealer that sold it to me and they fixed it by replacing the board. After that time, it hasn't (in my opinion based on how it was before the repair) worked the way it should. I plug it in and it acts like it is charging. However, when you unplug the cart side plug, the charger LEDs start flashing and you have to unplug the charger from the wall to "reset" it. I never had to do that before.

Yesterday I took it back to the dealer and had them check the charger and they said that the charger is charging fine and it is operating as it should. I asked about having to unplug from the wall after every charge and the person said yes.

Well, I didn't want to dig further till I looked up some more information. Is this normal operation, I don't think so, but not 100% sure.

Thanks for your help.
Denzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-03-2022, 11:06 AM   #2
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: DPI Accusense branded charger acting up

I would give DPI a call. 423 538 9002 or 423 299 0011
Capt. Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 01:53 PM   #3
coosa
Gone Wild

It's several years old and still charging; I would just be happy with it. I bought a DPI several years ago and the first 2 died within a few weeks. They replaced it under warranty and the 3rd one worked ok for about a year. Then the ammeter stopped working, but it would still charge. It's worked like that since, and I am happy to have gotten so much use from it . I can live with a battery charger that will charge my batteries.
coosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 11:36 AM   #4
Denzone
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Well, after all my troubleshooting I found it was the control board again. This would be about $150. However, one of my co-workers just happened to have the exact type of charger, but using a different cable. I swapped out the cable and all is back to normal.
Denzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO