lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center
Design Center Shop tools, fabrication and Paint and Body

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-16-2010, 09:04 PM   #21
Cheesy
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Custom Shifter Build

Pimp Daddy.... The Slick Shifter looks great. Would you mind if I asked how much? Curious if the design principals are remotely close as well? No need to go into detail.....Just curious.
Cheesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-16-2010, 09:14 PM   #22
Pimp Daddy
Proud Paw Paw

E-Z-GO

Cheesy... Cost just over $100 The F/R switch isn't relocated. Very similar to your build except it is a bolt on. By the way... don't ask how it works...didn't get to install it this past weekend.I just set it up over the F/R lever for the pics.
Pimp Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:31 PM   #23
Cheesy
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp Daddy View Post
Cheesy... Cost just over $100 The F/R switch isn't relocated. Very similar to your build except it is a bolt on. By the way... don't ask how it works...didn't get to install it this past weekend.I just set it up over the F/R lever for the pics.
LOL.... Fair enough! $100+ isn't to bad of a price at all. Definately makes it feasable
Old 03-16-2010, 09:40 PM   #24
huntinghawk
Gone Wild

Thanks all for the post. As with my build I plan on moving the entire FNR switch to a center console.
Ross
huntinghawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 06:28 PM   #25
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

That would be cool in Haha with a big stick daddy.(beach boys little deuce coupe for the younger of you)
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 05:20 PM   #26
hookm
Younger Than Dirt

Club Car

Cheesy, I did your shifter on my Clonda Club Car,I used a piece of 1/2 inch round steel bar I had laying around,a Stroh's Light tap handle for a knob ($5) & $5 in angle & bolts. Took about 3 hrs. thanks for the idea & the pictures. A piece of re-bar for the rod would look kool too. Thanks again. hookm
hookm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 07:18 PM   #27
Cheesy
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookm View Post
Cheesy, I did your shifter on my Clonda Club Car,I used a piece of 1/2 inch round steel bar I had laying around,a Stroh's Light tap handle for a knob ($5) & $5 in angle & bolts. Took about 3 hrs. thanks for the idea & the pictures. A piece of re-bar for the rod would look kool too. Thanks again. hookm
Awesome! Glad to see my post has helped inspire. The tap idea sounds sweet! Be sure to post some pictures in this post, so together we can help inspire other builds. Anxious to see your build pics.!

Thanks Again, Cheesy!
Old 03-25-2010, 12:15 AM   #28
AirJunky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookm View Post
Hehe, a beer tap handle.... cool idea.

Sorry, but we're gonna need to see a pic of that.
AirJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 07:02 AM   #29
wilster734
IDK&YDE

Club Car

yes PICHERS PULEASE!!
wilster734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 07:19 AM   #30
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

hey Cheesy, got to looking at my cart and the f-n-r switch and I'd have to relocate my switch to the outside of the body. Your cart must be a gasser as mine is electric and no room to turn the switch because of the batteries. D A M N electric carts!!! I'll get it figured out though. Gotta have one of those, very cool mod and I'm not wanting to pay the $200 to Allsports for one. I'm saving my pennies now for the a-arm lift Allsports offers for my cart.
bokeasmowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center