lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-29-2013, 12:12 PM   #1
lsxnova
Not Yet Wild

Default Crown Batteries??

Thanks for the Great site and all the info.

We have a 07 Yamaha Drive with 4x12 T1275. Going to change over to 6x8 looking at crown batteries.Local dealer has (165a/hr) battery in stock,the 190a/hr needs to be special order same deal with interstate they only stock 170 a/hr batteries need to special order 183/ahr.

The better batteries are only a couple dollars more should I hold out for the better batteries. We have two courses the farthest is 3 miles round trip from the house.Live in AZ which is a tough climate on batteries.

Everything I read says the controller and motor will be fine using 6x8 any other opinion's on this?

Can't believe they don't stock the better batteries what's another $50. when your already spending $800-900 for batteries.

Thanks for any help.
lsxnova is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-29-2013, 01:04 PM   #2
Great white north
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Crown Batteries??

to BGW -- best cart site on the web !

Now , I understand you have a 48 volt Yamaha and are asking about changing over from 4- 12 volt to 6-8 volt batts. Being most people want max . Run time on a electric cart I would suggest to go with 8- 6 volt batts that will give you much better run-time ( higher amp/ hr rate ) then 6-8 volt , I am doing my Ezgo cart changing from36 volt to 48 volt using 8 -6 volt and going with 260 amp/hr Crowns and changing my 36 volt solenoid to 48 volt and adding a 400 amp Alltrax controller you can fit the extra battery under the seat and the other batt in bag well , there are threads on site to show you how to do this !
Crowns are just as good or better then Trojan , but I would not opt for a cheap
Battery , The batts are the heart & soul of the cart if you cheap out on batts you will regret it
Good luck

Last edited by Great white north; 03-29-2013 at 01:10 PM.. Reason: Add sentence
Great white north is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:14 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Crown Batteries??

Crown makes good batteries get the biggest AH rated battery you can afford that fits CR190 is standard size.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha