lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-09-2017, 07:16 PM   #11
Nsane
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 500 Amp controller, voltage drop under load?

Alltrax is working on maps for Plum Quick motors right now, give them a few weeks.
Nsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-09-2017, 08:45 PM   #12
Night life
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsane View Post
Alltrax is working on maps for Plum Quick motors right now, give them a few weeks.
Do you see the same voltage drop on yours?
Night life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 04:48 AM   #13
Nsane
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night life View Post
Do you see the same voltage drop on yours?
I will be able to answer this after this next week, I have the first test map they made for this set up and I'm going to be test it at the beach this coming week.
Old 02-10-2017, 06:32 AM   #14
Night life
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsane View Post
I will be able to answer this after this next week, I have the first test map they made for this set up and I'm going to be test it at the beach this coming week.
What map are you currently running? You have the same setup as me it looks like?
Old 02-10-2017, 07:44 AM   #15
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Your pack dropping to 40v if You have a 480 amp load would be OK, but not OK if the load was only 240 amps.

Unless You measure the current or use the Alltrax software to log the current, it is hard to tell what is happening.

I would definitely lower the throttle rate, 50% is way to high.

A bad cable between the batteries can also cause an erroneous voltage reading at the pack terminals.

If You don't want to log the controller, You can do a simple test by measuring half of the pack at the time.

Clip your meter leads between pack negative and the 24v battery post (battery #3) and repeat your test.

The voltage should be very close to half or 20v during your tests, it if is much higher, You have a cable problem on the other half of the pack, if it is much lower, you have a problem on the half You are measuring.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 08:48 AM   #16
Night life
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Your pack dropping to 40v if You have a 480 amp load would be OK, but not OK if the load was only 240 amps.

Unless You measure the current or use the Alltrax software to log the current, it is hard to tell what is happening.

I would definitely lower the throttle rate, 50% is way to high.

A bad cable between the batteries can also cause an erroneous voltage reading at the pack terminals.

If You don't want to log the controller, You can do a simple test by measuring half of the pack at the time.

Clip your meter leads between pack negative and the 24v battery post (battery #3) and repeat your test.

The voltage should be very close to half or 20v during your tests, it if is much higher, You have a cable problem on the other half of the pack, if it is much lower, you have a problem on the half You are measuring.

I will test asap. The cables are brand new but I'm sure that doesn't mean it's not possible.

What throttle rate do you recommend I start with?
Old 02-10-2017, 10:06 AM   #17
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I think 15% is a good start, leave it there if the performance is good.

The lowest throttle rate that delivers the performance You want will help reduce the motor peak current usage, which makes the motor operate cooler and last longer.

Edit:
Since You have an FNKS switch, the Throttle Rate in effect will be the value in the range that corresponds to the dial position at the time of your tests.

Last edited by Sergio; 02-10-2017 at 10:29 AM.. Reason: FNKS comments
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 11:12 AM   #18
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:

The lowest throttle rate that delivers the performance You want will help reduce the motor peak current usage, which makes the motor operate cooler and last longer.

Edit:
Since You have an FNKS switch, the Throttle Rate in effect will be the value in the range that corresponds to the dial position at the time of your tests.
Yes, the FNKS can be set on a range or fixed value for each mode.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 10:36 PM   #19
Nsane
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night life View Post
What map are you currently running? You have the same setup as me it looks like?
Alltrax has me testing one this week, if everything works out they will start releasing it in the few weeks. By the way Sergio know this better than I do, but Alltrax has my throttle rate at 30% to start out with.
Old 02-12-2017, 06:28 PM   #20
Night life
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:

Edit:
Just an Update:

FNKS is not installed yet, unfortunately I somehow received a 1 year old (manufacture date) controller and didn't have the plug and play harness in my controller, Alltrax has been great and has already mailed me the piece I need but it is not installed yet.

I dropped the throttle rate gradually all the way down to 7.5%. Even at 7.5% the cart would take off super slow, but as soon as the power kicked in the volts dropped to around 40 volts. I will try and log files or use my multimeter and test tomorrow. My challenge is the old laptop I am using for the alltrax only holds charge for 3 minutes, all my computers are Mac OS and not compatible. I am attaching my altar settings to see if maybe someone spots something I have setup wrong.

Thanks for the help all!

Barry
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3500.jpg (125.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3501.jpg (145.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3502.jpg (148.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3503.jpg (133.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3504.jpg (139.5 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car