lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-12-2017, 06:33 PM   #21
Night life
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 500 Amp controller, voltage drop under load?

A few more details about my Curves and speed limit: My Cart "Stalls" with the speed limit enabled. When you hit the gas hard from a stop the power just doesn't transfer and the controller kind of makes a whining sound. When I called Alltrax they said they have seen that before, and to Add as many points as I can on my throttle curves. That didn't fix the issue, with the speed limit off it doesn't happen. I will call them tomorrow and see what they say now. Hoping the new Maps will solve that issue.
Night life is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-12-2017, 06:46 PM   #22
Nsane
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night life View Post
A few more details about my Curves and speed limit: My Cart "Stalls" with the speed limit enabled. When you hit the gas hard from a stop the power just doesn't transfer and the controller kind of makes a whining sound. When I called Alltrax they said they have seen that before, and to Add as many points as I can on my throttle curves. That didn't fix the issue, with the speed limit off it doesn't happen. I will call them tomorrow and see what they say now. Hoping the new Maps will solve that issue.
I just got the map Friday and will be testing it this week. So it might be a little bit before they will be giving it out, not sure that is their call, not mine. I'll let you know how it works and keep you updated. By the way, they are working with 2 maps, normal one and a performance one, I have a modified normal one because of my limo cart.
Nsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 07:17 PM   #23
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

If You are not using the speed sensor it may be better to disable turbo.

I understand the Turbo function on the new Controllers is a lot better because it uses the RPMs to control both low end torque and high speed.

The speed limit is also the 100% reference for your speed curve.

Is your speed sensor bad?
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 07:20 PM   #24
1sharphook

And do you have an 8 pole or 4 pole magnet?
Old 02-12-2017, 07:56 PM   #25
Night life
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
If You are not using the speed sensor it may be better to disable turbo.

I understand the Turbo function on the new Controllers is a lot better because it uses the RPMs to control both low end torque and high speed.

The speed limit is also the 100% reference for your speed curve.

Is your speed sensor bad?
I will try disabling turbo. I thought about that today. Speed sensor is good, as soon as I push the cart the beeping and regan kick in. It's also a brand new motor although I'm sure there has been a bad new unit before.

The cart seems to drive exactly the same when I disable it other then the initial throttle response issue, I am not sure how that changes the 100% reference?
Old 02-12-2017, 07:57 PM   #26
Night life
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sharphook View Post
And do you have an 8 pole or 4 pole magnet?
4 pole
Old 02-12-2017, 08:12 PM   #27
Aflyer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Just an Update:

FNKS is not installed yet, unfortunately I somehow received a 1 year old (manufacture date) controller and didn't have the plug and play harness in my controller, Alltrax has been great and has already mailed me the piece I need but it is not installed yet.

I dropped the throttle rate gradually all the way down to 7.5%. Even at 7.5% the cart would take off super slow, but as soon as the power kicked in the volts dropped to around 40 volts. I will try and log files or use my multimeter and test tomorrow. My challenge is the old laptop I am using for the alltrax only holds charge for 3 minutes, all my computers are Mac OS and not compatible. I am attaching my altar settings to see if maybe someone spots something I have setup wrong.

Thanks for the help all!

Barry
Night life,

LOL, I also have no Windows P/C, just my Mac Book.

I plan to borrow my sisters Laptop to do any mapping or diagnosis on my controller.

I found a brand new windows based laptop for like $175.00 on Woot, I wonder if it would last long enough to program my controller, HAHA.

Aflyer
Aflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 10:18 AM   #28
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
I will try disabling turbo. I thought about that today. Speed sensor is good, as soon as I push the cart the beeping and regan kick in. It's also a brand new motor although I'm sure there has been a bad new unit before.

The cart seems to drive exactly the same when I disable it other then the initial throttle response issue, I am not sure how that changes the 100% reference?
If You look at your graphs, what does 50% speed means?

Without the speed sensor telling the controller how fast the motor is spinning, You have no reference.

If You set your limit to 6,000 rpm, then 50% speed is 3,000 rpm.

My understanding is that the XCT is way more sophisticated on how it handles the motor curves because unlike its predecessors, it can now use the motor rpm to better adjust the armature and field current relationship.

If You operate the controller without the knowledge of how fast the motor is running, the controller loses most of the advantage, specially on the "turbo" mode.

Make sure your magnet is 4-pole (speed magnet), otherwise the controller will see twice the actual speed if the controller is set for 4-pole but the actual magnet is a stock 8-pole.

You are also loosing a lot of your "Pedal Range", currently at 50% throttle You are already at 83% of some unknown/unregulated top speed.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 12:26 PM   #29
1sharphook

Sergio,

You should know he also has a bad MCOR that he is not telling you about.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ml#post1352426

Re: posts 5 and 7
Old 02-13-2017, 01:27 PM   #30
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Thank you for that.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car