lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-22-2017, 07:11 PM   #11
55BigBlock
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: brake lights don't work with AUX battery???

Thanks again for the help. Someone told me, or I read somewhere to hold the phone vertical for still pics and horizontal for videos. I'll just hold it horizontal for everything.

I was looking at some old posts and someone suggested wiring an extra buzzer across the turn signal flasher so you would have an audible turn signal warning. I've got an extra reverse buzzer so I think I'll try that tomorrow.
55BigBlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-22-2017, 08:51 PM   #12
Aflyer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55BigBlock View Post
They're working now. I gotta figure out why the pic is sideways.

Attachment 147688
BigBlock,
Your third brake light is very cool, great job.
Aflyer
Aflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 06:49 AM   #13
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55BigBlock View Post
Thanks again for the help. Someone told me, or I read somewhere to hold the phone vertical for still pics and horizontal for videos. I'll just hold it horizontal for everything.

I was looking at some old posts and someone suggested wiring an extra buzzer across the turn signal flasher so you would have an audible turn signal warning. I've got an extra reverse buzzer so I think I'll try that tomorrow.
While my explanation was the technical reason why the picture showed sideways, what you describe is the preferred method when distributing pictures to other cellphones or modern sites.

Unless You used an old windows XP (or similar vintage mac) to resize that picture, the issue is most likely with this site back end loosing the original picture orientation information when it resizes the pictures.

Until the new site is released, you can resize the pictures (with a current image program) before uploading them or just take the pictures to be posted with volume button down.

Let us know how loud that reverse buzzer (36v or 48v?) sounds on 12v.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 10:32 AM   #14
55BigBlock
Gone Wild

Club Car

The buzzer is rated 9-48v. I tried to hook it up this morning but I ran into a problem. I used my meter to find a ground wire in the dash harness. I then jumpered the + side to the + side of the flasher and the ground to the ground wire in the harness. When I did I got a buzz even with the signals off. I don't understand why there is voltage on the flasher. I'm trying to button up the radio so I'll have to save that project for another day. Buzzer was as loud as my backup buzzer with the tape over the hole. Just right to let you know but not loud enough to wake the neighbors.
Old 02-23-2017, 11:02 AM   #15
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The flasher always has power on the input side, what makes it "pulse" is a load being placed on the output terminal.

If You are putting the buzzer on the output of the flasher "L" terminal and ground, you just provided a load, so it will flash the buzzer.

What you need is to put the flasher so it is in "series" with the load on the OFF cycle.

Try:
Buzzer positive - Flasher P or X terminal
Buzzer negative - Flasher L terminal
The issue with this method is the interaction with the lights amp draw and the flasher type.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 02:27 PM   #16
55BigBlock
Gone Wild

Club Car

That explains it. I had done a search and found an old thread with a diagram (see below post #19) I based my connections on it. I may get a chance to try it again tomorrow. Thanks once again!

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...d-flasher.html
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car