lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-05-2017, 12:01 PM   #1
omegain98
Not Yet Wild

Default Delta Q Charger

I have a 2015 Club Car precedent with 6, 8 volt batteries. The car came with a Delta q charger and the batteries were made by Johnson Control. I need to replace the batteries and found out that my Delta q charger can be updated using a usb stick. The dealer here ,in my city ,wants 250.00 for the update. I found the Trojan batteries that I want to put in for 690 plus tax and the watering system for 200.00.

My question is do I need to update my charger? And if I do where can I purchase the update for more reasonable cost?
omegain98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-05-2017, 12:53 PM   #2
Nsane
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Delta Q Charger

The battery price is about right, as for the water system I would save my money and for your charger, I would spend another $25 and get a DPI smart charger. That's just my.02
Nsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 12:32 PM   #3
theboss20
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Smile Re: Delta Q Charger

The Delta Q charger is a good one...I would hook everything up a run it through a charge cycle...there is plenty of good info on what the charger should charge at for making sure the batteries get what they need and you can check the voltage with a multimeter easily. After the charge cycle the Delta Q will go into a trickle charge mode indicated by a green light right under the first red light. This is a great benefit as you can leave the charger plugged in all the time without worry. Finally you can change algorithms yourself by reading the operation manual on-line....just look at the model number on the tag. 😎
theboss20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 12:34 PM   #4
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Don't know the Delta but I do know the DPI. It can be "do it yourself" configured for pretty much any batteries made so you won't get hamstrung again in the future. If your Delta can do that, great. If it's going to cost you $250 then get the DPI.

Just my thoughts but I would save $200 and tell the dealer to keep the watering system as well. Using a long funnel it takes all of about 1 minute to water batts every couple of weeks or so. It's not worth $200 for me to save myself from such a simple and fast job. Besides, all the hoses tend to get in the way and leak and stuff. Again, just my opinion.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 05:36 PM   #5
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Keep an eye on that watering system. Those valves are known to get stuck and not allow water to pass through. The end result is a bad battery that you thought you'd been watering but haven't been. Pop the caps once every few months and look at the water levels to make sure everything is good.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car