lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-13-2020, 11:46 PM   #1
Nucc10
Not Yet Wild

Default 15 dollar Apple Smart Cart iPad head unit.

Set up a 15 dollar iPad dock that charges when keyed on and voice activated through Siri. All apps and functions work through voice. Streams to your soundbar or any Bluetooth device. Glass cockpit golf carts. Manual buttons are accessible also. Cool simple upgrade. For a few bucks if you own an iPad or tablet. No need for a stereo. Just get a soundbar with Bluetooth and have fun. Apple Smart Cart!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgx3sPJ-GWc
Nucc10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-14-2020, 10:34 AM   #2
NismoGriff
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 15 dollar Apple Smart Cart iPad head unit.

Not an Apple Fan but that is pretty slick!

Did you build the dock or buy it?
NismoGriff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 04:28 PM   #3
Nucc10
Not Yet Wild

Thanks. I built it. It's just a couple pieces of fake wood flooring to raise the base a bit and covered with some black Auto floor mat. The metal rail is a piece of 90 degree corner trim. Super simple for a great stereo system. Streams to anything Bluetooth like a soundbar and is voice command. Any tablet would do the trick. It's a popular thing in cars right now.
Old 07-14-2020, 07:08 PM   #4
NismoGriff
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucc10 View Post
Thanks. I built it. It's just a couple pieces of fake wood flooring to raise the base a bit and covered with some black Auto floor mat. The metal rail is a piece of 90 degree corner trim. Super simple for a great stereo system. Streams to anything Bluetooth like a soundbar and is voice command. Any tablet would do the trick. It's a popular thing in cars right now.
That's cool and Yup, its been a thing for a while. You want to see some really trick example's, check out Soundman on Youtube.
Old 07-14-2020, 08:44 PM   #5
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Very cool!
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 01:06 AM   #6
Nucc10
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NismoGriff View Post
That's cool and Yup, its been a thing for a while. You want to see some really trick example's, check out Soundman on Youtube.
Yesssss. That's where I got the idea. He should make some plug n play set ups for the Cart market. He's got some great stuff for cars. I love the simplicity of the tablet/iPad being the total solution to a soundbar. Removable in a second also. Plus so much more than just music. Every app is functional. Phone, text, movies and all voice commandable to boot. Pop it in and off to the races.
Old 07-15-2020, 01:08 AM   #7
Nucc10
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesnake27 View Post
Very cool!
Thank you.
Old 07-15-2020, 05:26 AM   #8
NismoGriff
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Yesssss. That's where I got the idea. He should make some plug n play set ups for the Cart market. He's got some great stuff for cars. I love the simplicity of the tablet/iPad being the total solution to a soundbar. Removable in a second also. Plus so much more than just music. Every app is functional. Phone, text, movies and all voice commandable to boot. Pop it in and off to the races.

Yeah, I was watching him on the regular and then his antics started to get to me so now I just watch every once in a while. It wouldn't be real hard to make a whole custom dash for a cart. I bet if someone started making them they would cost 3 times as much as the premade dash upgrades.
Old 07-15-2020, 03:29 PM   #9
swm63
Gone Wild

Quote:
Set up a 15 dollar iPad dock that charges when keyed on and voice activated through Siri. All apps and functions work through voice. Streams to your soundbar or any Bluetooth device. Glass cockpit golf carts. Manual buttons are accessible also. Cool simple upgrade. For a few bucks if you own an iPad or tablet. No need for a stereo. Just get a soundbar with Bluetooth and have fun. Apple Smart Cart!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgx3sPJ-GWc
Nucc10, how does your Ipad charge? I don't see a lightning cable or wireless charger in your dock.
swm63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 04:43 PM   #10
Out2Sea
Gone Wild

Love it!!! But how does it do while driving? Or do you pull it?
Out2Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car