lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-01-2020, 02:23 PM   #1
HummerKart
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Solid State Conversion CC DS with ScottyB

Last year I took the advice here and upgraded my 36V resistor Club Car DS to a solid state controller (Alltrax) with a 48V kit from ScottyB at CartsUnlimited.net.

Best thing I ever did!

But now I want to do the same to another cart that is basically the same thing.

The problem is that I can't seem to reach Scotty anymore and he doesn't seem to be here. I went to his online store and it's still there - but everything shows "out of stock"

Does anyone know if he's still around?

If not, is there another company that offers this type of Alltrax upgrade that INCLUDES the foot pedal? Since this is a resistor cart, I will need a complete pedal upgrade.

What I am looking for is:

Controller (doesn't have to be Alltrax)
Cable set
Solenoid
FR Switch
Throttle Pedal
(Don't need a motor)

If anyone has any good suggestions or if you have an update on ScottyB, I'd love to hear it!

Thanks.
HummerKart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-01-2020, 04:28 PM   #2
97ccds-custom
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Solid State Conversion CC DS with ScottyB

Scotty is around. He replied to a post of mine recently and answered an email a couple weeks ago. I think the solenoids are still out of stock. Maybe manufacturing delays because of COVID? I’m waiting for the 400A solenoid to come back in stock to do a C54 conversion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
97ccds-custom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 10:19 AM   #3
ACCLR8N
Getting Wild

Club Car

I spoke with him Thursday via e-mail. Out-of-stock has been the common line of my build this past month for seats, wheels, hardware, electronics... I ended up with an open box SR 500A to move project forward. He was hoping to get more stock in Aug. 10 if I recall.
ACCLR8N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 05:57 AM   #4
HummerKart
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97ccds-custom View Post
Scotty is around. He replied to a post of mine recently and answered an email a couple weeks ago. I think the solenoids are still out of stock. Maybe manufacturing delays because of COVID? I’m waiting for the 400A solenoid to come back in stock to do a C54 conversion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the updates, guys. I was really hoping he is still around - he's extremely helpful and the C54 conversion I did is awesome when using his kit and going with his advice.

I'm going to be doing the same thing (C54) to my second cart, which is a 36V resistor cart. I went with lithium and the C54 on my first cart and the upgrade is incredible.

I'm going to have to step down the acceleration on the Alltrax with the lithium cells because I can pop a 1-foot wheelie if I mash the pedal!
HummerKart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 10:34 AM   #5
ACCLR8N
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by HummerKart View Post
Thanks for the updates, guys. I was really hoping he is still around - he's extremely helpful and the C54 conversion I did is awesome when using his kit and going with his advice.

I'm going to be doing the same thing (C54) to my second cart, which is a 36V resistor cart. I went with lithium and the C54 on my first cart and the upgrade is incredible.

I'm going to have to step down the acceleration on the Alltrax with the lithium cells because I can pop a 1-foot wheelie if I mash the pedal!
Mind sharing your Alltrax settings? I am starting the C54 conversion today and I have 7 Leaf batteries piled on my workbench.
ACCLR8N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 10:44 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The conversion kits will be back in stock next week.
Alltrax has had a bad go of the covid restrictions.
Thank you for your patience.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
solid state conversion
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car