lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-11-2020, 07:24 AM   #1
bnd10706
Not Yet Wild

Default Modifying the rear seat foot panel

I have a 2015 Precedent with a Madjax rear seat.
When the cart is loaded into my 8 ft bed, we still have the support braces and the foot pad sticking out about a foot making it so we cant close the tailgate.

This is not a problem around town, but when we pull our travel trailer, we have to take the tailgate off.

Has anyone modified the rear foot rest to accommodate this?

Its not lifted and it wont ever be.

Thank you!
bnd10706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-11-2020, 08:10 AM   #2
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Modifying the rear seat foot panel

I have cut and welded the support braces shorter before and put the foot pad on hinges so it tilts up instead of out for travel...however this won't work if you have a rear flip seat, only the stationary kit...
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 01:53 PM   #3
TheSkilz
Not Yet Wild

Funny thing I was just on vacation and saw a guy with same problem he had 2 drive up. Ramps he made out wood and braced them in his bed so that when he drove cart in back wheels went up onto ramps just enough that there was about 2 inches clearance under footrest to top of tailgate when closed I thought hat a great idea ,, wish I took a pic but it was a great idea
TheSkilz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 04:51 PM   #4
Left Coast Kiteboarding
Gone Wild

Club Car

Maybe have a look at the videos on youtube for the rear seats from Double-Take. They have a fold up capability. Somewhere in one of the factory install videos they show it.
Left Coast Kiteboarding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 02:17 PM   #5
bnd10706
Not Yet Wild

I am trying to avoid replacing the entire rear seat, its just too expensive since I already have one.

I am not sure how to hinge it, simply because the down arms are also in the way.
Old 09-17-2020, 02:18 PM   #6
bnd10706
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroluvz28 View Post
I have cut and welded the support braces shorter before and put the foot pad on hinges so it tilts up instead of out for travel...however this won't work if you have a rear flip seat, only the stationary kit...
Can you show me pictures? I need any ideas I can get.
Old 09-23-2020, 07:59 AM   #7
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Unfortunately I didn't take any pics this was for a customers cart not my personal cart. But if I remember correctly I drilled holes through the down arms you speak of and put presto pins that quick released through them and hinges on the bottom plate.
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 10:26 AM   #8
bnd10706
Not Yet Wild

So the red line shows where the tailgate goes to in the one side picture. The bars that come down are JUST barely in the way... i COULD probably shove the door closed, but then it would put pressure on the cart which I dont like.

I dont want to have to worry about doing A LOT of work, as we use this cart mainly for camping. So getting set up and taking it down I would like to be done quickly.

Space is limited too. with 2 10 ft ramps in the bed of the truck, i dont have too much extra room to store stuff.

Looking at the newer Madjax Genesis 3 seat, that looks like an ideal set up, but since I dont want to spend $500 on that seat... I dont think that is an option.

This is the Madjax Genesis 300, which would be a nice seat to switch too... because its just 2 center bars.. but for the cost. Not worth it.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car