lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-21-2020, 07:35 AM   #11
Rootman
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: New Battery Pack Trickle Charge??

Thanks for the advice!

Update: I’ve run four charging cycles on this pack so far. The first two times were trickle charged, and the pack finished off at 53.6volts. The second two times were done with the factory CC charger, finishing off at 52.5volts. I haven’t noticed any difference in range for any of these four cycles... and I run the pack down to 49.5volts each time.

From now on I’ll only use factory charger initially, and then I’ll maintain the batteries with the trickle Until.
Rootman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-21-2020, 09:01 AM   #12
StumpNocker
Gone Wild

Club Car

Now, when you say "finished off at 52.5 volts", how long did you wait until you tested them from last use of the cart?
StumpNocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 11:30 AM   #13
mgray70
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by StumpNocker View Post
Now, when you say "finished off at 52.5 volts", how long did you wait until you tested them from last use of the cart?
Yes, a 48 volt pack should "finish off" around 65 volts.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 05:40 PM   #14
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

I agree with the other posters. The batteries need to be charged regularly with the factory charger. This stirs up the chemicals and helps stop sulfation from occurring. What you did by propping the seat up is sensible and you should keep an eye on the water to make sure that the plates never become exposed. The maintainer is then great for topping up the charge and keeping the voltage up if you are not using the cart.

My regime after each use is to put the factory charger on and let it finish (which could take up to 16 hours but rarely does), then attach the maintainer and leave it until my next use. I also keep a close check on the pack and individual battery voltages so that I know quickly if a battery is starting to weaken.

My four year old batteries still show 50V AFTER a round of 18 holes with no more than 0.08V between my best and worst batteries.

My maintainer is fairly new and incorporates a "pulse" charge to help break up sulfation also.
yawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car