lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-23-2011, 04:24 PM   #11
oletop
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Allsports High 5" drop axle lift kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrisson View Post
Another question! I got a 96 ezgo like yours. But im running 36 volt with factory everything. i jotta jakes lift but am gonna buy the lift like yours tommorrow. The allsport lift says it can fit up to a 27 but i was wondering how much room does your have with the 26's left. do you think i could put a 27 inch tire and still be able to flex good with out scrubbing. if not i'll put the same size tire yours has if yours has good flex room but if its to close to call i'll put 25's. I do alot of riding through the woods to get to our duck impoundments. rather have more room for flex but bigger is always better if it will fit!!!!!! You think the 36 v will hold up for a while? or will it be nessasary to upgrade to 48v immediately? when i say i ride alot i mean one to two times a day for about 20 minutes straight not really allday. i need to upgrade my controller because it'll get really warm riding at slow speed and sometimes will cutt out but then wait and it'll start back. thanks for any info you can help me out with
First of all is your cart a series cart? If it is the first thing you should do is Upgrade all electrical componets before going with a lift and bigger tires. ScottyB with Carts Unlumited can help you with this and he won't steer you wrong. On the lift and clearance question I can turn my steering wheel all the way and not rub. My tire will rub a hair if I am in a deep rut and turn my wheel hard over while climbing out. I would not go any larger than 26". If I had it to do over I would go with a 10" wide tie and not 12". I may even drop down to 25"x10" just because it is less strain on the motor. I am still running my stock motor, but everythimg else has bee upgraded. My next modification is a Motor.
oletop is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-23-2011, 04:45 PM   #12
cbrisson
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

yes it a series cart.
cbrisson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 04:50 PM   #13
cbrisson
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

you got any other pics of your golfcart?
cbrisson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 04:53 PM   #14
oletop
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Well, I am no professional but I have learned a great dealfrom this site. The first thing to do is upgrade all of the electronics, Controller, Solenoid, F/R switch, Cables on batteries and cables from motor and controller.

If you run it with big tires and bone stock Electonics it is only a matter of time before it burns up something. Your contoller sounds like it may already be heading in the direction of burning up.
Old 08-23-2011, 05:30 PM   #15
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Uh oh. I see the magic puff of smoke in somebodies future. You need to do as David said and get the drive side of the cart in shape to support the lift and bigger tires. Bigger tires is the same as changing out the gears in the rear end. Puts more strain on your controller and your factory controller WILL PUFF SMOKE it's only a matter of time.
Coltf1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 05:34 PM   #16
oletop
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrisson View Post
you got any other pics of your golfcart?
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...you-think.html

Several pics here.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO