lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-13-2011, 12:54 PM   #11
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Default Re: Just bought 2002 Carryall...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jweston347 View Post
Good deal. Thanks for the info. I figured there must be an easy workaround. I just saw an electric lift offered on the net for nearly 700 dollars. Seems a bit steep to me.
Where do I get the linear actuator, from an auto supply shop or ATV shop?
Thanks.
Mark
Mark, take a look at the thread that I posted, I found mine on ebay, Northern tool has on that may very well work.......

If you google linear actuators, you'll get all sorts of hits.
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-13-2011, 04:02 PM   #12
jweston347
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thank you for that. Looks fairly straight forward, in theory. I haven't worked much on things like this. Just carpentry. But, I have a question, which may seem silly. How does the bottom of the actuator attach to the frame? Is it stationary, or does it swivel at the bottom? Maybe I need to take a look at one installed and in motion to get the idea.
Thank you.
Mark
jweston347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 04:16 PM   #13
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Both ends are held by a clevis pin and both ends pivot.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:07 AM   #14
jweston347
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks a lot. I see that there are many places to buy online. Do you recommend 2500 lbs lift? or is that overkill, and 1500 may be ok? I can foresee moving some heavy fill with it. Thanks again. Mark
Old 01-14-2011, 08:29 AM   #15
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Mark,
The listed capacity on my box is 800lbs. I found my deal on a 2200lbs actuator. I would think 1500lbs would be plenty.

Just a work of caution, I had found what I thought was the perfect actuator and just before I ordered it, I realized it was a 24 volt. So, pay attention to the voltage.

Good luck
Old 01-14-2011, 11:13 AM   #16
jweston347
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks a lot for that advice. I'll watch out for the 12-volt requirement. I'd like to take a stab at installing it myself. It looks pretty straight forward. However, I'm not very experienced on the electrical side. I can do wiring in a house all day long, but when it comes to cars and the like, I'm a bit clueless. In the past when I've tried, I ended up blowing fuses and so forth before getting it kinda right. I know how to tie in wires with a junction box in a house, etc., but it's a bit of a mystery to me as to how to do it in a vehicle with a 12-volt system. It seems the fuse should be a 30 amp. If I could run the "hot" wire directly to the fuse box of the vehicle, if it has room for a separate dedicated fuse, then I think I can figure it out. I suppose the ground can be put about anywhere on the frame or somewhere, secured with a screw (?). What I really need to do is work side by side with someone on a vehicle, wiring something up. The hands-on way of learning works for me.
Thanks again for your help.
Mark
Old 01-23-2011, 08:57 AM   #17
jweston347
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Hey all,
I just got my Moose 60 inch plow with Warn RT25 installed the other day. If you've been following the weather in New England, you know that we've gotten a ton of snow, lately. The last storm was almost a foot of snow. My Club Car 272 worked magnificently. For those of you who may be wondering how well a Carryall with nothing but a 352cc 11.5hp Kawasaki engine and a set of snowchains would handle it, well, attached are some photos which speak for themselves. Plenty of power. In fact, I got a little careless with the winch and snapped the cable when lifting the plow. The winch is rated at 2500 pounds. I snapped the cable with no damage to the plow itself. Fortunately, the fix was easy. But I learned a lesson not to "horse" the plow. This little 11.5hp Kawasaki can handle it. No weight in the back, either. I drove on what I would call packed ice on the driveway, about 100 yards long. Went through it like a knife through butter. It even had a little crusty weight to it. Here's some photos for proof. For those of you who may think bigger is better, and that you'd need a 25 horse UTV 4x4 to do this, well, think again, and save yourself some money. I just locked the rear wheels, and the "Judith Lynn" did the rest. (Since I don't have a boat, I named her after my wife). Take care.
Mark
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1367.JPG (110.1 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1368.JPG (77.4 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1369.JPG (102.5 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1366.JPG (75.1 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1362.JPG (87.0 KB, 18 views)
Old 01-26-2011, 09:10 AM   #18
jweston347
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Hi folks,
Here's a few photos, as promised, of the "Judith Lynn" with the Moose Plow attached. It moved around 6-8 inches of snow with no problems. The only thing I did was I got careless and snapped the winch cable when lifting the plow too high. Remarkably, NO DAMAGE at all to the plow or winch. Re-attached the hook and off we went again. Excellent vehicle, and excellent plow. The Moose Plow is 11-guage steel. Many are 12-guage, but I don't see any issues with the 11-guage so far. I had also been a bit worried if a 11.5hp 2wd gas cart could handle the snow. Not worried anymore. The chains are on turf tires, stranded every 4-inches. Works fine for me. I have some extra new tires which I'll put on in the Summer, and leave the chains on these tires.
Take care.
Mark
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Club Car with plow.jpg (34.0 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Warn winch.jpg (42.0 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Snapped cable.jpg (26.3 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg With Moose plow.jpg (35.8 KB, 17 views)
Old 01-28-2011, 09:09 AM   #19
a plus bob
Not Yet Wild

How would a carryall 2 do plowing snow on small drive ways.
a plus bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 09:18 AM   #20
bifferd
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

thats awesome
bifferd is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car