lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-17-2011, 02:55 AM   #61
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: ITS / Pot Box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonequest View Post
That is true but they are using a big throttle body and the TPS (throttle position sensor) is a little pot on the side. I would need to retain the whole throttle body assy (or most of it) to retain the nice cable sensor attachment.
or... you could fab up something like this for the TPS:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 201-SOL1-POT_full.jpg (77.9 KB, 12 views)
sonicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-17-2011, 09:56 AM   #62
jonequest
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicj View Post
Now that is nice!
jonequest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 11:29 AM   #63
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicj View Post
That is a magnificent job! Unfortunately most of us don't have machine tools at our disposal. I was thinking something along those lines, by cutting off just the mounting for the TPS. You would then only need a clamp and a lever that would attach to the shaft. That is within the realm of most of us that have hacksaws and files!
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 12:43 PM   #64
jonequest
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple man View Post
That is a magnificent job! Unfortunately most of us don't have machine tools at our disposal. I was thinking something along those lines, by cutting off just the mounting for the TPS. You would then only need a clamp and a lever that would attach to the shaft. That is within the realm of most of us that have hacksaws and files!
That is true but in reality what I have now works fine so I may not mess with it for a while. BUT the one aggravating thing is that my pedal travel is only about 80% I was working within the confines of the original ITS pedal box by making a new plunger rod out of aluminum I threaded and bent. It works the pot box lever with a car door rod bushing for longevity at the axis. For unlimited travel I would really need to use a cable to relocate the pot box under the seat and further out of the possibility of getting wet. I don't go mudding so it is pretty safe with my weatherproofing so far. A throttle cable would be nice though.
Old 12-17-2011, 01:59 PM   #65
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonequest View Post
Now that is nice!
indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple man View Post
fyi, not my work. just using it as an example... that is the Solitron Throttle from EVNetics.

you wouldn't need machine tools to fab up something equally as functional. a drill press would be a big help, but not required.
-sj
sonicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 10:56 PM   #66
jonequest
Gone Wild

Yeah, it looks like a GM TPS. A good solid choice for making a 0-5k pot. I imagine the PB-6 will last for a long time as well. I think the pot is rated for many rotations.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO