lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-19-2011, 12:02 AM   #11
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: wheel bearing

Maybe you could bend up some light steel rod into a "U" shape with hooks bent into the ends of the "U" to use as a puller. Once you "hook" this tool into the bearing, you can put a bar into the "U" to bump the bearing back out. The seal should come out with the bearing but may end up damaged. Just a thought!! Good luck. RAY

l_________________________________
_________________________________l
l
Like this...

Last edited by bigstik40; 12-19-2011 at 01:11 AM.. Reason: corrected spelling
bigstik40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-19-2011, 05:57 AM   #12
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstik40 View Post
Maybe you could bend up some light steel rod into a "U" shape with hooks bent into the ends of the "U" to use as a puller. Once you "hook" this tool into the bearing, you can put a bar into the "U" to bump the bearing back out. The seal should come out with the bearing but may end up damaged. Just a thought!! Good luck. RAY

l_________________________________
_________________________________l
l
Like this...
I have a puller that has three arms that are on pivots and reversible. It can also be configured to only have two arms. Maybe your local parts store would have something similar. With pullers, there has to be something solid located in the center, that puller bolt has to push against, so you'd have to lay something across the outside of the tube, which may be hard with three arms attached.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 08:03 AM   #13
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Come to think of it, I also have seen slide hammer type pullers with long slender "fingers", probably exactly for what you have to do. I think the bearing fit in the axle tube is probably only a very light press fit so it may only require (hopefully)minimal force to remove. Maybe an Auto Parts store has one to rent. - RAY
bigstik40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 08:31 AM   #14
cbordea
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstik40 View Post
Come to think of it, I also have seen slide hammer type pullers with long slender "fingers", probably exactly for what you have to do. I think the bearing fit in the axle tube is probably only a very light press fit so it may only require (hopefully)minimal force to remove. Maybe an Auto Parts store has one to rent. - RAY
I saw that Advance Auto has those listed, hopefully they have those as a loaner tool.
cbordea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 09:15 AM   #15
valencia83
Not Yet Wild

there should be numbers on the bearings. then try ur car auto stores or some type of atv shop.
valencia83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 11:51 PM   #16
cbordea
Getting Wild

I was able to borrow the loaner tool from Advance and get the bearing out.
I ruined the seal so I ordered a new kit.
The bearing is still good but I put my other new bearing and seal in and will save this bearing for a spare.
When my new kit comes in, I will replace the other side so that both bearings are new.

On the bearings themselves, I spoke to the guy at Advance and he couldn't xref but told me to try the napaonline site because they had a better xref. I couldn't find it there either. With as much stress as I can see being on those clips and how reasonable you can get a whole kit I think I prefer to replace the clips, seals and bearings all at once anyway and just keep a spare set on hand.

thanks again for everyone's help!
cbordea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 09:01 PM   #17
Pupi305
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

What slide hammer attachment do y’all use to remove the hub bearings?
Pupi305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO