lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-28-2014, 08:23 PM   #1
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Default Voltage reducer

I am going to put a voltage reducer on my 99 DS regen I I . Am I correct the yellow wire connection on the right solenoid only has voltage with the key on. I will be using the reducer Scotty B sells. I am thinking I could use that connection to hook the yellow control wire from the reducer. Also the red wire on the other side for the red wire from the reducer. Then I could use the B- neg for the black wire and also run a black wire from there to a terminal strip for all the lights etc neg connections. If the current flow works like I think this should work.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-28-2014, 09:44 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default re: Voltage reducer

It's best if you follow the diagram.

Your CC key switch may be - not + so check that first. You need a constant high amp + connection like pack main + (for the red wire) and then a switched lower amp + for the on/off (yellow)
The big black goes to pack main -
The green goes to the + side of the 12v accessory or accessory fuse panel.
Each Accessory or light has a wire from the cart main - and a wire from the 12v fused panel.

I hope this helps
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DC reducer forepar.JPG (119.1 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 07:43 AM   #3
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Default Re: Voltage reducer

I'm just trying to keep the connections away from the battery side of the wires. The pos main pack hooks to the solenoid on the right side of my cart. It is easy to get to from where I plan to mount the reducer. It would keep the connection away from the acid of the battery. Same with the neg side. I'll have to check the key on this cart to see if I have a pos 48 volts for the yellow. I have two four post fuse blocks, I plan to use for the 12 volt connections. One for pos and one for neg. I know I don't need fuse on both lines, but I am using what I have and a extra fuse want hurt anything. Thanks for the help.
Old 04-29-2014, 08:27 AM   #4
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Looks like the blue wire side of the key switch is the best place to hook the yellow wire from the reducer. If I am reading the wiring diagram correctly. This cart has the overlay on the dash, it will be a pain to get to it, so I'll wait until I get ready to hook things up to check the voltages on it.
Old 04-29-2014, 08:42 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Yes. There is no difference in connecting the Red lead to either end of the main + battery to solenoid cable. The same is true for the black lead and the main - going to controller B-
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 10:29 AM   #6
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Yes. There is no difference in connecting the Red lead to either end of the main + battery to solenoid cable. The same is true for the black lead and the main - going to controller B-
Definitely connect negative to B- on controller, that way the OBC records the current draw of the accessories...
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 05:42 PM   #7
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

OK I just pulled the overlay from the dash of my 99 project. The blue wire position on the key is what I need for turning the reducer on. It has no voltage when key is off and 51 volts with key on. I ran me a wire to the rear where I plan to put the reducer. I am just going to leave everything open until I get my stuff in. I will be putting a micro switch on the brake pedal so I can hook the brake lights up, I also have a timer on the way.
Old 05-02-2014, 08:17 AM   #8
InVision
Crazy Buggy Wild !!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesnake27 View Post
Definitely connect negative to B- on controller, that way the OBC records the current draw of the accessories...
Doh !!

If that is correct I put mine on the wrong side of the OBC.

Thanks for the info...

M
InVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car