lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-30-2014, 09:03 PM   #1
joeymcgee
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Angry Need help

Ok guys I'm new to this golf cart world so forgive me if I ask a dumb question, I bought my 01 club car ds last summer, it ran great with no problems, I've used it all year even during the winter because the ranch we live on allows it to be drove on the roads, about a month or two ago the cart would loose power going up hills, it never did that before, now it dose it on even the slightest of hills, on flat ground she runs normal, her top speed is 25mph, I'm not sure what's causing this and I don't want to spend a ton of money on putting new batteries in if that's not the problem. any idea's?
joeymcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-30-2014, 09:21 PM   #2
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Default Re: Need help

Can you use some clip on jumper wire to you volt meter and see what the pack voltage is while going uphill. That will tell you the condition of the batteries .
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 09:34 PM   #3
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

I would lean toward batteries also...
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 09:38 PM   #4
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

I would also like to see a pic of the under the seat, controller, and motor setup. Curious to know what kind of stuff you've got going on that makes it do 25 MPH, as a stock cart does around 12.
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 09:54 PM   #5
joeymcgee
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I will see about getting some pics for you tom, im not sure what the guy did to it but I have my gps on almost everytime that I drive and its always right at 23-25mph, when im going down hill here at the ranch its toping out at 37mph, my mom has a 2011 ez-go and hers will slow down going down the hills but mine wont. the golf cart repair shop right down the road said that he thinks the regen was taken off, he didn't look at it we were just talking about it. so im not sure whats been done..
Old 04-30-2014, 09:56 PM   #6
joeymcgee
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I will do that, I know that im looking for volts, whats the norm under stress?
Old 04-30-2014, 09:56 PM   #7
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Does it have a rocker switch or a lever as a Forward/Reverse switch?
That will tell us what type of cart it is...
Old 05-01-2014, 12:41 PM   #8
joeymcgee
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

it has a lever,, no switches, no tow mode or run mode either. I'm starting to think that its not a ds, the charger says club car power drive,, not sure I thought the site I was on when I put my sr# in it told me ds, or if ds and power drive are the same or if power drive has nothing to do with the cart at all and is just the name of the charger... lol sorry, learning more as I go, thanks again for every ones help!
Old 05-01-2014, 01:21 PM   #9
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

It sounds like a series DS. Powerdrive is just the name that CC uses for their 48v systems...
Old 05-01-2014, 03:06 PM   #10
joeymcgee
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

ok new information, took to the shop down the road and its a power drive ds. the guy at the shop said it had a different speed controller on it then what it came with. the regen had been taken off of this cart, also said that the motor was not what came with the cart, no label on the motor or any markings. he told me that his guess was as good as mine when it came to the motor. lol don't know if I should worry about that or not..lol anyway, he is doing an e-service on it tom and then he his going to keep it over night to check the charge, he told me he thinks its the batteries as well. I guess I'll know by sat. thanks for the help guys. when I get the cart back ill put some more pics up of the motor.

Tags
batteries, club car ds 2001, loss of power
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car