lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-02-2014, 02:19 PM   #1
merc1978
Not Yet Wild

Default 1268 Controller Wiring, "not used" pins, in EZGO MPT1000

Hello everyone,

I have an EZGO MPT1000 with 1268 Curtis Sepex Controller. Looking at the schematics of the EZGO, I found the + Terminal from the main contactor as well as the + terminals of the keyswitch, pedal interlock switch and direction selector all connected to pins that are "not used" (5,6,7,12) according to the 1268 Manual provided by Curtis. I had one 1268 controller with no voltage on Pin 12 where the keyswitch + terminal is connected, and found a burned track on the backside of the control PCB as the cause. I could fix it easily and it works again, but some external shortage on Pin12 must have caused it. It is not the first controller I have seen with this kind of fault.
Now I have been wondering why the + Terminals are not connected to B+ directly via an external fuse which can be easily replaced. I have rewired one EZGO this way and it works. Does anybody have an idea?

Thanks a lot!
Peter
merc1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO