lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-24-2019, 02:29 PM   #1
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Transmission problem...

Just a gut check, in case anyone may know what I might be missing before I swap the whole rear end. Might have found one, if so I'll buy it regardless because it never hurts to have a spare but if I can save the work, I will!

2002 DS. Driving around light and easy, how I usually it does great no problem. But under a heavy load (like driving down my VERY muddy and sloppy street right now) its pedal.tk the floor or you're getting out to push

Under a load, it slips out of gear into neutral. Tried adjusting the cable, its good, no difference. Completely disconnected thr cable at the transmission, no difference. Still pops out of gear. I've got a zip tie holding the lever in "F" now and it drives great, doesnt slip out anymore. Otherwise it drives great. No noise or anything as long as it stays in gear!

Removed the shift lever off the trans, the shaft has a fair amount if play up and down. Might be normal? Seems excessive to me. Almost 1/4" of up/down movement.

I've never been inside one of these because I've never needed to. They seem to be pretty solid units overall and I've had a lot of them! If its internal (which it seems to be) I dont mind tearing into it, but just dont want the down time to order parts, wait, etc. Rather swap it and tear into it at my leisure so I can keep driving thr cart. But if I'm just missing something stupid please let me know. I'd like to be able to not just drive it (like I can now) but also use reverse
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car