lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-23-2015, 10:12 PM   #11
tom4416
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G22 randomly blowing 10A fuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbmachine View Post
Another style just break the tabs off.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/10A-Type-2-Cir...621?nav=SEARCH
Fantastic! I think I'll install one of these so that at least my wife doesn't have to change a fuse when she's out running around the neighborhood. Then I'll try blowing out the carbon from the starter/gen and see if that makes any difference.

Great advice, really appreciate the quick responses on here!
tom4416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-24-2015, 09:42 AM   #12
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Those are the ones
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 08:02 PM   #13
tom4416
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I hate threads that get started and then the OP never posts any possible resolutions so here goes.

I followed the instructions here, blew out the starter/gen thoroughly, disconnected the disconnect switch and soldered those wires back together with heat shrink insulation. I also ordered the automatic 10A circuit breaker and when I was installing it, noticed the fuse holder itself was filled with corrosion - as bad as battery terminals can sometimes get.

That makes me think of some dark current draw or ground problems but when I hook up the DVM to measure mili-amps, I get 0 draw with everything in the off position, and zero with the key on and nothing else depressed. Of course, as soon as I push the start pedal, it draws right at 6 amps. So no dark current I can detect.

Grounds I think I've already checked from front to back so decided to try a little experiment. Put a 7.5A fuse in, drove around for about thirty minutes and finally blew it. 10A would run fine and wouldn't blow. Repeated the 7.5AMP twice more and it eventually blew it each time at some point.

So, I thoroughly cleaned the fuse holder with contact cleaner and dental tool. Put another 7.5A fuse in and drove it for two days without it ever blowing the fuse. Has had a 10A in there for about a week now, without an issue. I have the 10A circuit breaker ready to go in if the 10A blows again.

So, would high resistance in the fused ground wire cause the fuse to blow? I don't know the answer but so far, the series of corrective actions I've taken seem to have corrected the problem. Won't know for sure until it's gone a month or so but this is a cart that gets driven a half-dozen times a day. If it randomly blows it again, the circuit breaker goes in and I'll just have my wife track how often it seems to have tripped the breaker (supposed to take one minute to reset).
tom4416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha