lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-05-2016, 06:34 PM   #1
Grav73
Not Yet Wild

Default G1 vacuum leak

Just bought my first cart. Being a G1, I have started some long over due maintenance. While replacing a cracked vacuum line to fuel pump I noticed that there is a second smaller vacuum line next to fuel pump line that leads to a small plastic box(has yamaha logo) directly above carburetor. Where the smaller line attaches to the crankcase I noticed that the brass nipple/barb is broken and line is hanging loose. Can anyone tell me what the purpose of this is? Is it necessary? Should I replace brass nipple/barb, or can I plug hole at crankcase?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160705_181927.jpg (198.6 KB, 0 views)
Grav73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-10-2016, 02:10 AM   #2
Nikwho
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: G1 vacuum leak

I came across this same scenario on my cart today. The best that I could tell was that it was a vacuum canister of sorts to help increase crankcase vacuum. I think that it might behoove you to figure a way to re-connect. Perhaps drill, tap, thread in barbed hose nipple and concert with new hose? Though, I'm not 100% on what uses this vacuum. If it's only fuel pump and oil pump, I will just plug it, as I ran an electric fuel pump and run premix gas. But, I would be interested to hear what others say about it. I'm just guessing and have not researched it as of yet.

Nik
Nikwho is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha