lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-14-2016, 12:32 AM   #1
Sublime8396
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Speed test

Okay so I took my Yamaha G2 out on the road with my GPS for little speed test LOL my comfortable cruising speed is about 20 mph but floored managed to hit 25 .5 mph... I was pretty excited it felt kind of squirrelly with the 4 inch budget lift then all the sudden it backfired and lit up the road like the 4th of July I backed off the gas pedal and everything seemed fine still drove like normal drove it home about 15 mph but jumped on it a bit in the driveway and drove fine. I'm thinking it just had a build-up of carbon in the cylinder that finally let go
Sublime8396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-14-2016, 03:37 PM   #2
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: Speed test

Lit up? I would have been laughing right off the cart, of course wanting to know my cart was ok but still funny as you know what. I'm not sure what would cause that other than a buildup of something in the muffler, if it was running hard then no gas should be coming out of engine such as like you coasted down a hill or something. I screamed my G9 to 30mph on 22s all the time and never had a backfire, now the clone has hit 38gps. But I don't go far like that. I had to work on my toe in for a couple hours to get it to go straight and nice at speed.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 04:29 PM   #3
87cartny
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho305 View Post
Lit up? I would have been laughing right off the cart, of course wanting to know my cart was ok but still funny as you know what. I'm not sure what would cause that other than a buildup of something in the muffler, if it was running hard then no gas should be coming out of engine such as like you coasted down a hill or something. I screamed my G9 to 30mph on 22s all the time and never had a backfire, now the clone has hit 38gps. But I don't go far like that. I had to work on my toe in for a couple hours to get it to go straight and nice at speed.
How much toe in did you end up with? Just curious
87cartny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 04:41 PM   #4
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

My clone also does around 40 mph. I spent hours getting to just to very slightly toed in.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 08:07 PM   #5
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Mine I don't know, I test drove it on the pavement then moved it in and out little at a time until it was tuned in. I left the rods loose and kept stopping and moving them. I would guess it is very close to zero. Toe out made it wander and not want to respond well. Toe in made it twitchy and dart around and very sensitive. I found the middle.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 04:33 PM   #6
Sublime8396
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Ya I've really got to set my toe it's kinda scary at speed lol
Sublime8396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha