lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-29-2017, 05:50 PM   #1
Whitaker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 2013 Ez Go with 6"lift

Hey gang. I have a 2013 Ez Go electric TXT. It came with a 6"lift kit with 23" tires. The lift kit that it came with mounts with these plates that mount on top of the rear springs. The way they mount has the springs flattened out. I'm looking for opinions on the best type of kit I could replace this one with. Needless to say it rides like a horse and buggy with no suspension travel. I'm wondering if there are lift kits available that has a softer ride. Thanks.

Sent from my S7 Edge using Tapatalk
Whitaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-29-2017, 07:08 PM   #2
Whitaker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2013 Ez Go with 6"lift

I've done some research and though they are very nice I don't really need a long travel. We mainly use this golf cart in the field, beach and vacation trips. Not really what you would say off road. I'm just looking to replace this crappy lift kit with one that allows a little more suspension travel/softer ride.

Old 10-30-2017, 08:36 PM   #3
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Something don't sound right.. Pictures??
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 11:53 PM   #4
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Ditto. Plates on top of the springs wouldn't lift. The plates or spacers in a typical lift kit would mount between the spring and axle.
Rooster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 06:51 AM   #5
Whitaker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

It has a spacer, 5 or 6 inch block that sits between the axle and springs but there's a plate that bolts on top of the springs and below the axle. It don't have u bolts but rather 4 straight bolts for each spring.

Old 10-31-2017, 06:51 AM   #6
Whitaker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I'm not home this week but as soon as I get home I'll get some pictures.

Old 10-31-2017, 08:22 AM   #7
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitaker View Post
It has a spacer, 5 or 6 inch block that sits between the axle and springs but there's a plate that bolts on top of the springs and below the axle. It don't have u bolts but rather 4 straight bolts for each spring.

On electrics you shouldn't need a plate below the axle, don't they have a bracket welded below the axle with the holes for the bolts?

Then I think with springs above the axle you should have the spacer (block) sitting on top the axle, then a plate on top the spacer (block) that the spring sits on, then the plate (with holes for mounting shocks) on top to hold it all together.

or is that what you have?
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 10:24 AM   #8
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitaker View Post

What you described is typical, but if they had provided u-bolts instead of straight bolts the bottom plate below the axle would be unnecessary. The plate on top of the springs, if as originally supplied, has four holes for bolts and one hole for the shock to mount to it is the way it should be.

The plate would not affect the spring rate. The rough ride could be from the previous owner having installed HD rear springs in lieu of the OEM standard springs. Check how many leaves are in the spring. I am not certain how many leaves the stock 2013 TXT came with, but if the spring has four leaves it is definitely the HD springs.
Rooster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts