lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-01-2024, 01:08 AM   #1
Iperry
Not Yet Wild

Default Curtis Controller flashing 3 and 4

I am having a problem with cart not going forward Curtis controller 1266, my previous post. Had it with an auto electrician who did not manage to get it right. At one stage he said the led flashed 3 and 4. When will I see the error flash on the controller?
Iperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-01-2024, 08:56 AM   #2
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Default Re: Curtis Controller flashing 3 and 4

You may find your answer with flash codes, but you might have better luck with a programmer or the programming cable and a laptop running the diagnostics software.
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 09:55 AM   #3
InvalidUsername
Gone Wild

I don't think the controller has an LED
InvalidUsername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 10:16 AM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I don’t think so either. If the cart runs in reverse but not forwards then it’s a controller issue or it’s not getting a signal to go into forward. Check pin 12 for pack voltage when the cart is in forward. If it is there flip the cart to tow, remove the pack negative and swap S1 and 2 on top of the controller. Don’t let them touch anything. Once swapped put the negative back on and flip to run. Will it go forward in reverse? If yes the controller is done.

https://cdn.curtisinstruments.com/pr..._manual_en.pdf
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 09:44 PM   #5
Iperry
Not Yet Wild

Thanks. Swapping S1 and S2 has exactly the same problem but in the oposite direction. Unfortunately I cannot find someone with a tester around here to confirm that it is definitely the controller.
Old 03-01-2024, 10:07 PM   #6
InvalidUsername
Gone Wild

Does your cart have the 1266A or 1266R? If it has the 1266A try pushing the cart with the run/tow switch in the run position to see if your speed sensor works. If it is working the cart will get harder to push and the beeper will start beeping. My speed sensor occasionally stops working for some reason and when it does the controller acts screwy.
Old 03-02-2024, 12:43 AM   #7
Iperry
Not Yet Wild

What are the differences between Curtis 1266 and 1266A and 1266R. ?
Old 03-02-2024, 07:58 AM   #8
InvalidUsername
Gone Wild

1266A has the walkaway feature; 1266R does not. Walkaway is when the controller detects cart movement via the speed sensor when the pedal switch input is off and activates motor braking (regen) to bring the cart to a crawl or stop. So if you push the cart and the speed sensor is working, the controller will see the pulses and activate regen and beep the beeper. If that doesn't happen it's a good indicator your speed sensor is broke.

I think carts with the 1266R can have walkaway with a mod, but I'm not sure exactly what that is
Old 03-03-2024, 10:35 PM   #9
Iperry
Not Yet Wild

Only a 1266 no a or r. Could the H and L switch be my problem. Trying to eliminate all possibilities before getting a new controller.
Old 03-04-2024, 01:50 AM   #10
Iperry
Not Yet Wild

Have worked out that H and L switch gives voltage to mode on controller. This is not my problem.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts