lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-21-2020, 11:13 AM   #1
criddifer
Not Yet Wild

Default Spark at top and bottom of pedal then nothing

Hello everyone need some help here I have a 95 ezgo that turns over and gets spark at both top and bottom of pedal but then dose nothing but keep cranking no spark after that new selonid new cdi new ground cables have tested all micro switches please help
criddifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-21-2020, 07:21 PM   #2
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Spark at top and bottom of pedal then nothing

Anyway you could take a video of exactly what it is doing and upload it to youtube. Post the link here so we can see .
Did you buy an OEM ignitor or one from amazon ? and the solenoid
When did you first have firing issues ?
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 11:08 AM   #3
criddifer
Not Yet Wild

Yes all oem parts and the cart was brought to me this way the only part that isn't new is the pulser coil by the fan and it ohms out at .023
Old 08-22-2020, 02:32 PM   #4
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Check the wiring harness where pulser plugs in. Check all for continuity.
The pulser normally don't give problems. Take your DVOM and put it on AC with the lowest scale you got on the meter. Remove the wires that go to pulser. Connect your DVOM to those wires and spin it over. You should have at least 1/2 volt AC current if its working correct.
Old 09-10-2020, 03:11 PM   #5
criddifer
Not Yet Wild

Ok I have put all new everything on this cart and it still only parks when I first hit the pedal and when I let off the pedal there is no spark in between that point at all and it has had everything changed be coil new puls coil new cdi new selonid new positive and negative wires and still only sparks when first pushed and let off of the pedal
Old 09-10-2020, 07:02 PM   #6
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Sounds like something is grounding the wire to the solenoid, or to the coil during the throw of the pedal. Look at each of the wires closely along the path of the pedal and cable track through the engine bay. If nothing obvious, one at a time, put an ohm meter lead on each wire that isn't a ground and the other lead on a solid ground...clip them on, then cycle the pedal while watching the gauge. If you get a reading, you found your short to ground.
JPonLKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 11:01 PM   #7
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by criddifer View Post
Ok I have put all new everything on this cart and it still only parks when I first hit the pedal and when I let off the pedal there is no spark in between that point at all and it has had everything changed be coil new puls coil new cdi new selonid new positive and negative wires and still only sparks when first pushed and let off of the pedal
Remove the bracket that holds regulator-igniter and solenoid. Clean the thing good where you put the ground cable on. I have found they get rusty and loose ground.
Old 09-11-2020, 01:10 AM   #8
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Just a thought, these symptoms are usually seen when the battery is connected the wrong way round. Its worth checking as both battery leads are black. I have seen it several times and even done it myself LOL.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 07:20 AM   #9
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartmaster View Post
Just a thought, these symptoms are usually seen when the battery is connected the wrong way round. Its worth checking as both battery leads are black. I have seen it several times and even done it myself LOL.
That's why I asked when did he first have firing issues but he never answered me
He also never answered me about how many AC volts was the pulser coil putting out.
Old 09-11-2020, 09:49 AM   #10
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

It sounds like another case of throw everything new on and cross your fingers. It's a shame we could not advise before this was done, we may have saved him dollars. I am not sure you can still buy oem ignitors or is that just in the UK?
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO