lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-29-2010, 01:42 PM   #1
williamjr55
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Belt and clutch question

Cart has a Honda GX670,Comet 1190 drive clutch and a stock (EZGO) 36degree driven clutch..curious?has anyone tried a 1 3/8" wide belt on this combination and if so did it work? orpresently have a 1 1/4" wide belt on and it won't climb to the full 8 1/4" clutch..been trying to read the sticky on Comet clutches and correct belt fits but it's blurry and all I can make out is a picture indicating that proper belt fit uses the entire clutch..any thoughts on this would be appreciated.. and would save me a few bucks if it isn't a good combination...and the wife says BUCKET project or not gotta stop spending on it
williamjr55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-29-2010, 01:58 PM   #2
CC-John
prop. A$$hole's Garage

Default Re: Belt and clutch question

Sounds like the belt is too short, or the belt is adjusted too tight.. The belt is bottoming out in the secondary (Driven) before the primary has fully shifted out.. Either try a longer belt, or move the engine closer to the axle.. It took me a few rounds of adjusting the distance between the clutches on my Vanny before I got it dialed in..
CC-John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 02:13 PM   #3
williamjr55
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Belt and clutch question

kinda thought that myself at first however as I have another EZGO driven clutch and a extra 1190 I was able to relieve the spring pressure on both clutches and set them up in a 12 1/2" CtoC configuration belt that I am using is long enough HOWEVER a 1190 clutch in the FULLY Closed (High RPM) position measures 1 3/8" wide at the top and a inside measurement 3/8" from the top is 1 1/4" and that where the belt patterns..thats why I am considering a wider belt..I do have concerns as to the driven clutch might gain on one end to lose on the other
williamjr55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!