lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-15-2010, 06:13 PM   #1
mhuntington
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default how to adjust camber?

have a g16 yamaha i recently added a lift kit. camber if off on the front end. would like to know if there is an adjustment. any help is appreciated. thanks in advance.
mhuntington is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-15-2010, 06:50 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: how to adjust camber?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhuntington View Post
have a g16 yamaha i recently added a lift kit. camber if off on the front end. would like to know if there is an adjustment. any help is appreciated. thanks in advance.
Camber on Yamaha's are controlled by king pins and bushings and the shocks. What lift kit did you buy? Jakes has differant holes for the lower shock mounts on the new lower control arms to play with the camber adjustment.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 06:58 PM   #3
mhuntington
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

ok i bought the cheap lift kit i just did'nt have money for the jakes so i sold out i will more than likly go to jakes later but looking to get a couple years out of this cheap kit..
Old 06-15-2010, 07:26 PM   #4
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhuntington View Post
ok i bought the cheap lift kit i just did'nt have money for the jakes so i sold out i will more than likly go to jakes later but looking to get a couple years out of this cheap kit..
I can understand that. Money can be tight on builds. Most econo lift kits will have the upper shock mount bracket bolt holes adustable for your needs. Make shure you have "positive camber" when adjusting the "holder" bolts, then when you get in the front end "squats" into 0 camber.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 07:57 PM   #5
mhuntington
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

i think your right my camber is slight and with me and a passenger up front it should squat enough to have zero camber i will have to look at it a bit closer. thanks for all the insight.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha