lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-21-2011, 02:19 PM   #1
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Question Serial #, Mfg. # location on 2009 TXT

Just purchased a (2009 ??) TXT with PDS. Batteries are A8, so I'm suspicious that I have a 2008 cart. I have not been able to find the location of the SN or Mfg. numbers yet. Looked in glove boxes (not there !!). Looked on crossmember under access panel (not there !!). Differential is a Spicer with a date of 11/14/07. Need some help finding the mfg. and serial numbers. Can anyone help ?? Thanks in advance - RAY
bigstik40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-21-2011, 10:48 PM   #2
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Serial #, Mfg. # location on 2009 TXT

Ok, get to answer another of my own questions hoping it may help someone else here!! After more searching online, I found a "free" pdf owner manual and a "free" pdf technical manual. After reading through them, I find that the SN and Mfg numbers for my cart should be directly below the charging receptacle and also on the crossmember under the access cover. I can see where the charge receptacle sticker used to be, but there is absolutely nothing on the crossmember, so it appears that any ID stickers on my cart were either removed or fell off, leaving me to use the differential date to identify my cart as probably a 2008. E-Z-GO has not done a very good job of ID'ing their carts. Hope this is of some help. - RAY
Old 11-22-2011, 01:40 PM   #3
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstik40 View Post
Ok, get to answer another of my own questions hoping it may help someone else here!! After more searching online, I found a "free" pdf owner manual and a "free" pdf technical manual. After reading through them, I find that the SN and Mfg numbers for my cart should be directly below the charging receptacle and also on the crossmember under the access cover. I can see where the charge receptacle sticker used to be, but there is absolutely nothing on the crossmember, so it appears that any ID stickers on my cart were either removed or fell off, leaving me to use the differential date to identify my cart as probably a 2008. E-Z-GO has not done a very good job of ID'ing their carts. Hope this is of some help. - RAY
A quick search found this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitreborn View Post
in 2007 they did not put serial number plates in the passenger side glove box. There are 3 locations (visable) for the serial number. The first is directly under the charger plug in. the second is under the passenger side seat back support on the crossmember (visable by lifting the seat). The third is under the driver side floorboard (sticker will be on the frame rail)

There is (or at least is supposed to be) another location but I am not sure if E-Z-GO is still doing it. The 4th location was for the serial number to be stamped into the frame on the passenger side right above the rear wheels. This location required the removal of the body to be able to read it.

Also, keep in mind the 2007 production run actually started in July of 2006 so it is within the real of possibility for the cart to have 2006 batteries in a 2007. D6 batteries wouldn't be in there but a later battery for 2006 is not out of the question.
pggroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 03:19 PM   #4
Legendary Golf Carts
Gone Wild

It's like cars, the dealers all have the 2012 models even though it's still november 2011. Look here, there is also a tag on the driver side frame rail, and it is stamped on the crossmember. enter the number in the link and it will tell you the year.
http://www.shopezgo.com/customer-ser...ialNumber.html
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s1.jpg (44.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg s2.jpg (73.7 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg s3.jpg (142.4 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg s4.jpg (81.1 KB, 12 views)
Legendary Golf Carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 05:01 PM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstik40 View Post
Just purchased a (2009 ??) TXT with PDS. Batteries are A8, so I'm suspicious that I have a 2008 cart................
In addition to what other have posted, not only is there a delay between parts being received at EZGO and a cart being assembled, Trojan sometimes gets a little creative with the date stamped into the battery terminal.

I've got a 2008 PDS cart, 2007 motor and 2009 batteries.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 05:14 PM   #6
Legendary Golf Carts
Gone Wild

A8= january 2008, I don't know how batteries that old ended up in a 2009. I checked under the seat of the carts up at the local club and they are 2009 but have 2010 batteries, so there must be a bit of confusion at the office at ez go or something. Hey Johnnie, I know this is off-topic but how did your carts performance change when you upgraded your cables?
Old 11-22-2011, 09:39 PM   #7
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

"BINGO"- found the number on the frame rail under the driver side floor!! Turns out my suspicions are correct. My 2009 is a 2008 !! Thanks to all who responded, especially "LEGENDARY GOLF CARTS" who really nailed it for me. !! RAY
Old 11-23-2011, 07:53 AM   #8
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendary Golf Carts View Post
Hey Johnnie, I know this is off-topic but how did your carts performance change when you upgraded your cables?
No change in top speed on smooth level ground because PDS controller limits max motor RPM.
Only a little change in acceleration from stand-still was noticed because PDS controller ramps up from zero over a second or two.
Most noticeable immediate change was less speed loss on long hills. Since the motor is neither at RPM limit nor accelerating from zero, controller passes all available amps and the deliver system is better.

The original 4Ga cables looked pretty good after I cleaned them, but had measurable resistance, while the new 2Ga essentially have none. (Technically, the intrinsic resistance of 2Ga copper could only be detected on the longest of the new cables due to the 0.5 Milli-ohm threshold of the ohmmeter used. I measured 1 to 5 Milli-ohms on each of the 4Ga, probably due to the embedded corrosion within the cable itself allowed by the open ended, crimped on lugs)

Also, when I got the cart in the middle of June, the L9 dated T-105 batteries would only charge to 85% and by late August they were taking 95%.
This 10% improvement was accomplished with an unmodified Powerwise II charger.

Back on topic.

@ bigstik40:

Congratulations for finding the S/N. 2008 was a good year for PDS carts
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 08:34 AM   #9
Legendary Golf Carts
Gone Wild

I guess so, we all have them.
Old 11-23-2011, 03:07 PM   #10
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

BACK OFF TOPIC - Hey JohnnieB: How did you accomplish the 10% improvement in your battery charge acceptance? By equalizing a lot?? I'm having a similar issue with batteries that were "mistreated". I'm in the process of equalizing right now, in the hopes that I can bring this set back from the "brink". -RAY
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO