lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-09-2012, 09:43 PM   #1
paintsquirter
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 95 ds frame

I just got my first cart and so far I've painted it red and adjusted the throttle linkage to get more power. Eventually when funds allow I want a lift and wheels and tires and more power. My question is when I get this thing to wheely how much abuse can the aluminum frame take?
paintsquirter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-09-2012, 11:33 PM   #2
fastercarter
Gone Wild

Default Re: 95 ds frame

Painting it red is a good start, everyone knows that red carts are faster than any other colored carts. I'd say 500 lbs of lard in your bag area should provide some spectacular wheeles, OR, a pair of fat friends will act as a convenient substitute provided you can get the bag tethers around the stomachs.
Please post videos of your results.

FC
fastercarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 06:57 AM   #3
Carp
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Not sure how much can be said here. umm...the frame wasn't really designed for wheelies...just sayin'
Carp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:18 PM   #4
fastercarter
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carp View Post
Not sure how much can be said here. umm...the frame wasn't really designed for wheelies...just sayin'

Imagine that

FC
Old 05-12-2012, 08:08 PM   #5
paintsquirter
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I know it's not meant to do wheelies and it's not meant to 40mph either but that's why I was wondering how much abuse it can actually handle before I need to build a tube chassis!
paintsquirter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 10:59 PM   #6
fastercarter
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintsquirter View Post
I know it's not meant to do wheelies and it's not meant to 40mph either but that's why I was wondering how much abuse it can actually handle before I need to build a tube chassis!

Are you serious ? It's a golf cart ffs. The only time they do wheelies and pirouettes is when we score a hole in one.Which is not that often. Hell. it's so rare no wonder our carts are so flimsy !!!!

FC
Old 05-15-2012, 12:23 AM   #7
4vertical
Gone Wild

Club Car

to actually make it wheely you would either need one he!! of a gas motor and some high $$ clutches or go get an electric cart with a lot o mods. i have a 23 briggs in mine with some mods and it does not do spectacular wheelstands. i suppose if i put a half ton o weight in the rear it would, but it normally does not do that.

from the pictures i have seen and stories(lol) the frame will take some abuse. straight wheelies are a lot easier than twisting offroad with an aluminum frame
4vertical is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car