lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-17-2012, 05:30 PM   #1
stokescd
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Gas Club Car Won't Start When Warm.

I have an 86 Club Car that I recently bought that starts and runs great until it warms up. Once I drive it around a little bit all it will do is turn but not start. Sometimes when I lightly press the gas and choke it, it will turn over a little bit and move a little but not really start and go. Of course when I take it to the shop (3 times now) they say they can't find a problem. The cart recently had the head reworked, carb rebuilt, new fuel lines, and general tune-up. Any ideas what may cause this? Thanks!
stokescd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-18-2012, 07:24 AM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: Gas Club Car Won't Start When Warm.

you need to start by finding out what it lacks when it won,t start........its either spark, fuel, or compression........its one of those 3............thats where you need to start and i wouldn,t take it back to that shop if they can,t find why its not starting i surely wouldn,t allow them to touch it................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 05:55 PM   #3
stokescd
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks Shadowman! I did take it to another shop today. Turns out that a very large Club Car factory authorized sales and service place was across the street from the place that couldn't fix it. I thought they were part of the Club Car corporate group that leased carts on a large scale. Turns out they will work on anyones cart. He told me it seemed like a choke problem but either way they could fix it. I live in Augusta GA where they build both Club Car and EZ-GO but there is almost no where to have them worked on. Seems like this would be the golf cart Mecca... Thanks Again!
Old 02-07-2017, 12:18 PM   #4
stokescd
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

So after nearly 5 years of my 86 Carryall gasser sitting in the barn, I believe it is finally back on the road again. Every once in a while I get it out and drive it until it quits. A friend of mine suggested the coil. I read on a couple of these forums that the coils were no longer produced. Well I found one at Baker Cart Supply. They shipped it quick and that seems to have solved the problem. I'm excited that now I can actually use the thing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 86 DS Carryall 20170205.jpg (275.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-07-2017, 02:20 PM   #5
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Took ya long enough!
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 02:35 PM   #6
stokescd
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springbok View Post
Took ya long enough!
Got motivated when I saw yours!!! Plus after spending all that money in shops and it still not running, I had about given up...
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car