lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-14-2012, 10:51 PM   #11
rrice6935
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 81 G1 gas running problem

ok heres what i have done.when i when i got the cart it didnt have an air cleaner on it so i made a wix foam filter fit it.it ran great but it was louder than my buddies g2 so i found a stock air box and put it on and now it doest want to run .tonight i cleaned carb again, little dirty, buzzed it up driveway and same thing it was sluggish just for kicks i pulled choke out for a second to see what it would do and it took off.any one got any ideas?
rrice6935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-14-2012, 10:55 PM   #12
rrice6935
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

yes i checked it warm and cold cold it was 110 and warm it was115 is that good?im new to this i think i just figured out how to answer.
Old 08-16-2012, 11:46 AM   #13
rrice6935
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

still havent got to the bottom of the problem. i pulled choke out a quarter of the way seemed to run better. then i took baffle out of air box and that helped. any one got any thougts?
Old 08-17-2012, 08:27 PM   #14
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrice6935 View Post
yes i checked it warm and cold cold it was 110 and warm it was115 is that good?im new to this i think i just figured out how to answer.
Yes compression should be good enough.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:32 PM   #15
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

The choke on these carts simply limits airflow through the carb. Your carb is obviously tuned/jetted to run without an airbox setup so you will have to size the jets down a few notches.

Get an assortment of jets ranging from #90 to #99 since your main jet is now a #100.

Next setup your airbox/filter the way you want to keep it.

Next change jets one at a time starting with #99, take if for a drive.

Finally, once you get the right jet in there, keep it the same. Any alterations you do to the filter and carb will change the way it runs.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:30 PM   #16
rrice6935
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

thanks for all the info. its greatly appreciated.i will try this weekend.where would i find jets for this carb?
Old 08-18-2012, 08:39 AM   #17
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

I know Don Plowman has them at Plowman's Carts, they are a sponsor. Make sure to tell him what you are trying to do. He's very knowledgeable on the Yamahas!
Old 08-18-2012, 02:31 PM   #18
hatchdaddy
Not Yet Wild

new to these buggies as well but I have learned alot over the last month or so due to the knowledge of those on this site. That said did you have to choke it at all to get it running with the other air filter? Mine wouldn't run at low speeds just wide open until it got hot then it would run fine. After reading many posts on here i found that the crank case seals were bad and when they go bad they do pressures and vacuums. I rebuilt mine from head to toe and it runs like it was inteneded.

Youay want to check crank case seals
hatchdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:49 PM   #19
rrice6935
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

ok got the cart running good now. i took main jet out and used my torch cleaners to make jet bigger and it worked. now ive lifted it 7 inches and got another question.when i back up the front tires do this / \. as soon as i pull forward they do this l l. ive played with toe and cant seem to get it any better. anyone got any ideas?
Old 08-31-2012, 07:47 PM   #20
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Its toe'd in. If you get the toe perfect they will not change forward to back. I don't like it toed in the cart gets a little darty at high speeds on the road, so I set it for no toe. Also note weight on the cart can change it. I ran mine down a road with the tie rods loose and kept stopping and adjusting to get them right. Mine if worse due to how I lifted it, I cut the arms and angled them downward more. It corners like its on rails but is very sensitive to toe.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha