lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-30-2013, 12:13 AM   #1
teamhystyk
Not Yet Wild

Default Yamaha G2 spark fuel compression will not start please help!!!

Hi this is my first post on here! I have been rebuilding a yamaha g2 in my garage for the past 1.5 years. It ran prior to doing the following. I have put a new starter generator new carb new plug all new fluids. new battery after rebuild the cart was smoking badly and backfiring so I decided to do a valve adjustment and now the cart will not start at all. It turns over strong and tries to start but will not run. there is a little bit of gas coming out of the intake side of carburetor. I have no air filter on while testing or I put a K&N filter on makes no difference. The carb is jetted. I have tried everything from doing the valves over and over again. I have fuel going to the piston, I have good compression at 130-160 with gauge. The carburetor had a few backfires out of the air filter side at one point. I removed the muffler and tried to start and saw a few flames come out the exhaust side still did not start. A little bit of gas came out of exhaust side. Spark plug has spark outside of cart touching muffler metal. however I take a shock from the plug cap even using pliers. I also have a broken spark plug end cap but just a few pieces chipped off the metal cap is still in good shape. could this be an issue? Is it my ignition coil? Do I have a bad ground? Would it still spark on the plug with a bad ground? I have tried everything please help!! if you can get my cart running I will paypal you $20.00
teamhystyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-30-2013, 11:32 AM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G2 spark fuel compression will not start please help!!!

Sounds like you may have gotten the cam/crank/balance timing marks off. If you set the valves at .004 (both intake and exhaust) and your gettting fuel out of carb and exhaust.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P9290298.jpg (129.5 KB, 0 views)
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 11:40 AM   #3
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

Sounds like the carb is set up too fat. Too much fuel to the cylinder.
1989Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:23 PM   #4
teamhystyk
Not Yet Wild

how do I set up carb not to be too fat??? not sure what exactly that means??
teamhystyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha