lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-06-2015, 09:06 AM   #11
TerryH
Let's go racin' boyz!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: ultimate tow cart build questions - Yamaha G9

What you have planned sounds good to me, Noslin. Should work well for you application. We use our PDS cart to tow at the track and it has 6:1 gears and taller tires and it still works great but the dragster is lots lighter than your door car. I see plenty of guys towing with electric carts.
TerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-10-2015, 07:32 PM   #12
noslin
Not Yet Wild

WOW, very impressed! with the package i got today from Scottyb at Carts Unlimited. i dont think i have ever received anything packaged with the care they did. there was labels all over the package noting of the electronic components inside. inside the box, there was foam all around each item. they really took care to ensure it was properly packaged. further, ordered it a few days ago and already to the house.

I highly recommend carts unlimited, very nicely done and great customer service.

ty
dean
noslin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 09:00 PM   #13
noslin
Not Yet Wild

question with regards to the charging plug location. the PO welded a steel bracket to the frame and mounted the charging plug outside of the cart body to where its exposed. i would like to put it back to its stock location. where is that at? does anyone have a pic of hte location and mount setup?

looking at the cart, there is an access hole under where the rear seat would go. so if i put a rear seat on then ill hve to relocate the plug im guessin? i see the club cars have the charge plug right below the driver seat.

open for anything,

ty
dean
Old 07-11-2015, 11:29 PM   #14
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

The square hole on passenger side, just behind passenger seat is original location for charge plug.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 05:12 PM   #15
noslin
Not Yet Wild

Thanks cgtech. i think i might move it down to below the driver seat since there will be a seat in the way to conveniently charge it.

another question with regards to the new controller and gas pedal. after tearing all the electrical out today it appears ill need to get some kind of "pot box" switch for the foot pedal?

any suggestions on which one to get.

ty
dean
Old 07-12-2015, 05:23 PM   #16
noslin
Not Yet Wild

easy deal, found this on ebay. nice price too

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Golf-Cart-Po...item1c53f0fe21
Old 07-13-2015, 09:24 AM   #17
cgtech

Yamaha

Yeah, your G9 should already have a 0-1k pot. Alltrax is compatible with it.
Old 07-22-2015, 10:53 PM   #18
noslin
Not Yet Wild

ok, slowly plugging along here.. here are a pic of the things i got for the cart. mounted the head lights, now working on mounting the pot box and connecting to foot pedal. next will be set batteries in the cart and figure out controller placement etc.

on the headlights, i read a few other post and i figured for 25 bucks shipped i couldnt loose on trying some. ill use these for now on the cart but might put them on the enclosed. also might get another set and put them on the drag car. just hooked them up to the battery and i am impressed so far.

i have a voltage reducer to 12v coming too. just need to get a bus bar and fuse box for the 12 volt side. here is a place to get these things for cheap. http://www.vteworld.com/

Old 09-28-2015, 10:04 PM   #19
noslin
Not Yet Wild

i need help with the accel pot. i got this one here http://www.ebay.com/itm/Golf-Cart-Po...21=&rmvSB=true thinking it would work but when i check the pot OHMS neither of the two outputs are any combo of 0-1v or 0-5v. i just moved and the original pot was thrown away. really dont want to spend a few hundered on one but if i have to i will.

so, does anyone have ideas for an inexpensive pot that will work. can be any combo 0-1v, 0-5v, 5v-0 etc.

im close to getting it running, just a few little things.

ty
dean
Old 09-29-2015, 02:24 AM   #20
cgtech

Yamaha

That pot you already have is supposed to read 0-5k OHM, not volts. Your controller is compatible with it.

Tags
drag racing, pit, solenoid, torque, yamaha g9 controller
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha