lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-31-2015, 07:14 AM   #1
slobdiddy
Gone Wild

Default Vents and watering system for Trojan Ranger 160s

Hi there

I have just bought 6 x 8v Trojan Ranger 160s for my 48v Club Car.

I'm a little confused about exactly what I need to do to get this working with a watering system. I'm outside of the USA and so everything is mail order and I want to get this right first time.

Photos attached show the new Trojan 160s and the original batteries with watering system.

From my internet searches so far:
- It looks like the Ranger 160s shown in the Trojan data sheet come with some sort of cover/vent on top (mine have no covers/vents).
- The datasheet says that the Ranger 160s work with the Hydrolink system, but when I look at the Hydrolink systems for sale on eBay they only seem to have vents with 3 holes rather than 4 holes (which is what the Rangers have)
- I think I also need a pump in addition to the Hydrolink watering kit (or is it likely that my existing pump would work with this?)
- The Hydrolink systems that I have seen advertised don't mention compatibility with the Ranger 160s (but mention compatibility with the Trojan "T-series" batteries), which is confusing because the Ranger datasheet says that it is compatible with the Hydrolink system.

I like the idea of the Hydrolink as it claims to have level indicators etc. Plus I would rather buy all of this new. Can anyone direct me to a reliable supplier who can advise me on and sell me all the right bits that I need.

Many thanks, Peter
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ranger160.JPG (143.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg original batteries.JPG (126.5 KB, 0 views)
slobdiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-31-2015, 08:21 AM   #2
dougs_huntingcart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Vents and watering system for Trojan Ranger 160s

sounds like the system you were looking at on ebay had a picture or description for a 36v system.
I have a 48v system, but worked through the supplier of my ranger 160's. One of those things that, as you said, want to get right...
dougs_huntingcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 08:26 AM   #3
Hecky50
Gone Wild
Club Car

Try here.....https://flow-rite.com/battery-watering/pro-fill
That looks like a Flow-rite system. You may need a new manifold to line up with the filler necks. I think flow-rite makes the Hydrolink system. I love my flow-rite SPWS others here are not crazy about them.
Hecky50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 11:18 AM   #4
slobdiddy
Gone Wild

Thanks guys. I'm really after a solution that just works out of the box rather than needing any mods. Local supplier was a little vague on the solution but told me "2-3 months maybe" for shipping time, so I figure on ordering the right stuff from the USA and getting it shipped. I have a shipping forwarding service if the supplier only ships to the USA so this isn't a problem. I just need to figure out exactly what to order and where to get it from.

Dougs, did you get the Hydrolink system? Did this come with covers/vents plus the pump or was it just the tubing? Many thanks.
slobdiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 12:17 PM   #5
dougs_huntingcart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

My system (see picture) was originally installed with a 4 battery 48V and I bought tubing at home Depot to modify it for 6 battery 48V.
The battery supplier said they would work the same versus buying a whole new system.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150721_172142.jpg (265.1 KB, 0 views)
dougs_huntingcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car