lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-13-2016, 05:12 PM   #11
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 96 club car ds bad OBC or Solonoid?

If You have a voltmeter, put it on the pack and measure the voltage while You plug the charger in.

If the issue is just the meter and the batteries are indeed charging, the voltage on you voltmeter should climb pretty quickly.

If the voltage does not go up, maybe the 0 amps is correct and you have an issue with the charger as well.

If that is the case, I would make sure the fuse on the cart is still good, with your by-pass in place, You should get pack voltage on the + and - sockets on the charger receptacle.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-14-2016, 07:35 AM   #12
dszklarek
Not Yet Wild

I played with well into the night. I believe I made a mistake after reading a post from Scottyb about bypassing OBC.

On my cart, the smaller grey wire coming out of charge recepticle has the yellow fuse. That is the wire that I had running to the negative post along with the jump from solenoid.

Last night, I also cut and ran the thicker black wire from the charge recept. to the negative post and the charger kicked on and needle went to 20 amps. Before, charger was just humming and staying at 0. So, now I have three wired joined together at negative post and charger is on full power. I believe my batteries are fully charged, but needle isnt moving. Reason I am not sure is I get different readings at different times, but this morning, I got 66 from putting one end on pack negative to pack positive.
dszklarek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 08:12 AM   #13
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

With the by-pass in place the charger will never stop running.

If your pack is up to 66v, unplug the charger from the AC cord, then unplug it from the cart.
Old 03-15-2016, 10:21 AM   #14
dszklarek
Not Yet Wild

I knew the charger wouldnt stop, but not sure if charger can still sense the battery charge? The needle did start at 20 amps and moved down to 10 this last charge. Only issue is I blew the breaker on the charger once, but could have been coincidence.

As wired now, I have the Grey sensor wire, Black negative, and Yellow Solenoid all tied together at the negative on the pack. Before I order the new charger, is that how I should leave it?

Batteries showed 51 volts before going and cart died in under 9 holes so I am either making a mistake in readings and taking off charger too soon, my wires are not correct, or my batteries are bad. That would be an odd coincidence for my batteries to be bad when they were running great right up until this mess.

The only good to come out of all this is I have learned so much and gotten very interested in carts.
dszklarek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 11:41 AM   #15
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The "Grey sensor wire" is the only one You don't have to have connected for the new smart charger to work.

The 10ga negative as well as the Solenoid Yellow wire going to negative need to be there.

The power Drive 'charger' cannot sense anything, it is just a power supply that is always at max.

The OBC has all of the logic to control the charging current at different stages.

You really don't want to keep using it like this for too long, the continuous high current is overcharging the batteries which causes unnecessary heat inside the batteries and the high acid concentration can damage the plates as well.

Make sure the charger You get is designed to work without the OBC.

Edit: check the water levels on your battery due to the overcharging.

Last edited by Sergio; 03-15-2016 at 11:44 AM.. Reason: Battery Water Levels may be getting lower.
Old 05-09-2016, 10:13 PM   #16
seanb97072
Not Yet Wild

Ok I have the same issue but when I went to do the jumper from my selonid small yellow wire to the controller b- it arced like a welder them melted the micro switch in the v glide
seanb97072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car