lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-23-2016, 09:37 AM   #11
Isaac-1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Yamaha Gas vs Electric ?

As mentioned above the shelf life of modern 10% ethanol gasoline is much shorter than traditional gasoline which is no longer available in many places. The official shelf life for this modern E10 gasoline is 90 days, but that is under ideal conditions, in the real world, particularly in humid conditions ( ethanol can absorb many times more humidity as traditional gasoline) you can see the results of this moisture with fuel separation in as little as about 30 days,as well as other side effects for example the added moisture causes metal corrosion, and the break down of the fuel can clog small fuel passages in carburetors and fuel injectors.
Isaac-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-23-2016, 12:41 PM   #12
Cvans
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Price the batteries and then decide.
I used an electric at work for years and it was great for that. Put many trouble free miles running around the property.
Now have a gas converted to diesel and am not sure I would go back to electric. If your going to be near home all the time I would go electric. If your going to be heading out with it I'm thinking gas is the way to go.
Cvans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 06:23 PM   #13
meangreenmachine72
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

I have both and started out with all electric carts but I have to say it's nice not having to charge batteries all the time. Electric is quieter then gas without the smell. You must ask yourself where is it going to be used, short or long trips , are you more familiar with electrical or mechanical.

Good luck !
meangreenmachine72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha