lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-21-2017, 03:42 PM   #1
stoker
Gone Wild

Default curtis 250A controller probs?

model1515-5201 the symptons are the cart only goes about 5mph with the throttle half way down,if you push it any farther the cart stops.So i pulled circuit boards apart in controller and there is no smell or visual of anything overheating.can the mosfets fry without any smell of visual sighns?the only thing i seen is the M- high amp lead on controller did get a little warm where the thick 2 AWG wire bolts on and slightly melted plastic.thanks
stoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-21-2017, 05:32 PM   #2
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: curtis 250A controller probs?

Wow. You dug deep. All that digging may have been unnecessary. What's the vehicle serial number and the total battery voltage?
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 05:44 PM   #3
clubcardog
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

you sure you don't have a short? or bad battery's? not trying to be funny. and yes you can blow the mosfets with no visual indication. ohm meter will prove them out.

// low speed could be no amps from the battery's.

// M- high amp lead on controller did get a little warm where the thick 2 AWG wire bolts on and slightly melted plastic. // this would/or could indicate a short.

Last edited by clubcardog; 04-21-2017 at 05:50 PM.. Reason: more info
clubcardog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 09:22 AM   #4
stoker
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Wow. You dug deep. All that digging may have been unnecessary. What's the vehicle serial number and the total battery voltage?
we have a fleet of these club cars,i tryed this controller in another
known good cart with same symptons,so we know it is bad.thanks for reply #PE0725-767974
Old 04-24-2017, 09:23 AM   #5
stoker
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by clubcardog View Post
you sure you don't have a short? or bad battery's? not trying to be funny. and yes you can blow the mosfets with no visual indication. ohm meter will prove them out.

// low speed could be no amps from the battery's.

// M- high amp lead on controller did get a little warm where the thick 2 AWG wire bolts on and slightly melted plastic. // this would/or could indicate a short.
can you please give me precudure to test mosfets and can it be done without removing from board?thanks
Old 04-24-2017, 08:56 PM   #6
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Problem identified. Your serial number indicates that your vehicle is a 2007. The 2007 Precedent was never equipped with a 1515 controller. It was equipped with a 1510 controller. The 1515 controller was never used on a Precedent until 2008.5. You probably don't have a controller issue. You have the controller on the wrong cart. The 1510 (IQ system) controller is black. The 1515 (Excel system) controller is grey. If you're interested in modifying your wire harness to allow you to use the excel controller, I can help you with that. Just let me know. All you'll need to do is take a trip to your local radio shack and buy three 470 ohm 1/2 watt resistors and a "scotch-lok" connector. Call me if you need guidance.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car