lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-01-2017, 04:47 PM   #31
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: lithium battery questions

Furyous: Speaking to Nick can be, let's say, a challenge. He has been to visiit here in Orlando twice and he is far easier to understand in person. As far as your charger. I think you need to get him to reprogram the one you have. Take a look at the chart. If you only charge your pack to 50.2V, you will only be able to drive about 3-5 miles; getting slower all the time. This is from Nick and is on his 2012 EZGO RXV test cart. You will be much happier with the results if you get the proper charger. Make sure you opt for the WiFi option with the BMS. That is one of his best additions to his BMS designs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Standard 7cell Lithium pack Discharge Curve.jpg (81.9 KB, 0 views)
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-02-2017, 12:41 PM   #32
Furyous
Flat Out Hooked on Carts

Mixed Breed

Yikes- that's very telling. I emailed him to see if that would be an option. Where would you recommend I put the cutoff voltage of the controller- 52V? Or does the BMS take care of that?

Thanks for all the help. Feel like a noob again. Exciting to learn about all of this, though. My buddy converted an older Ford Ranger to electric and used lead acid batteries. He really needs to do this conversion.
Furyous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 02:21 PM   #33
Furyous
Flat Out Hooked on Carts

Mixed Breed

Dang. He said that he is not familiar with the brand of charger and he won't program it. It looks identical to the ones shown on his website, but I think I'll crack mine open and see if there are simple, obvious mechanisms like switches or potentiometers than can be dialed in to 58.8v. If not, I will have to put it back on the market and buy another one.
Old 06-03-2017, 09:28 AM   #34
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Well, Furyous, If he can't reprogram it; then, I think you should go with a charger from Nick and make your life easier. Saving a few bucks by purchasing something from ebay or elsewhere and then doing all the leg work to get it programmed correctly seems like a headache to me. $0.2

Another thing, on the Alltrax XCT voltage limit, it comes preprogrammed at 62VDC for overvoltage, so 58.2 is not a problem. I reset mine to 60V. As far as high current draw, you aren't going to hurt the pack. I have a 400A controller and the Executioner and a 10.3 axle. The most I get from a full throttle start is 373A for .8 seconds, after that, I am around 200-225A for < 5 secounds, then drops considerably. With the lead acid battery weight loss, the motor doesn't work hard for long. Nick was in Orlando with me on my cart when I did the test. He saw the high current draw and was alarmed until he saw how fast it dropped back. I pull about 65A when cruising at 33-35mph.
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 12:27 PM   #35
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

Thanks for all the data, Gary! Very helpful. I'm feeling better and better about this conversion with each post
Gregorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 09:22 AM   #36
Furyous
Flat Out Hooked on Carts

Mixed Breed

I agree. Very helpful. Really looking forward to getting the battery and will order a charger from Nick.
Old 06-05-2017, 03:17 PM   #37
Furyous
Flat Out Hooked on Carts

Mixed Breed

Looks like I have three options, each a little more amperage than the other. Obviously the higher amperage charges faster, but what are the estimated charge times? I'd prefer not to buy the most expensive one but if the smallest one takes all night I don't want that, either.

http://evbatterycenter.com/HAC4/inde...ing&Itemid=687
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car