lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-21-2017, 06:23 PM   #1
socom0240
Not Yet Wild

Default G1 carb adjustments

I know this has been discussed over and over but I've read the posts and also Google and I still don't understand. My cart runs ok but it has some hesitation and sort of sounds rough when you don't have the gas pedal to the floor. Can someone say which screw in the picture to turn and in which direction to make it smoother?
socom0240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-21-2017, 07:06 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: G1 carb adjustments

Air mixture screw, lower left (with spring on it). Looks like it's really turned in. Unscrew it, check the point, it should be a "smooth point" or it is damaged. If good, turn in till "lightly seated" then 1 1/2 turns out.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 08:21 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

It's the "2-stroke engine smoothing screw", it used to be labeled with a tag, but some sneaky so&so must have taken the tag off. Now we gotta look for the "fix my melted wires" button, I know it's on the charge port on the next newer model. All joking aside, you are just having the best of luck today......

That mixture screw cranked in so far is a bad omen for me. The previous fixer may have cranked it in so much that the needle is wrecked, or worse, carb busted out at other end of screw.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 08:59 AM   #4
Lochlin
Gone Wild

[QUOTE=That mixture screw cranked in so far is a bad omen for me. The previous fixer may have cranked it in so much that the needle is wrecked, or worse, carb busted out at other end of screw.[/QUOTE]

Man, I agree. I am not even sure that cart shouldn't even be running like that. Turn that screw out some and see what that gets you (I circled it in the pic so that you know exactly which one it is).

If things don't get better rebuild that carb or get a new one. You can get knockoff carbs for that for all of about $20. Of course, they aren't the same quality but $20 is $20.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Carb1.jpg (58.1 KB, 0 views)
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 07:22 PM   #5
socom0240
Not Yet Wild

Won't the screw fall off?
Old 06-22-2017, 07:32 PM   #6
socom0240
Not Yet Wild

Nevermind, I answered my own question and yes it will. Followed the advice here, took her for a spin and low and behold its gone. Anyone know where to buy a carb screw?
Old 06-22-2017, 08:22 PM   #7
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Therein lies your problem. That screw was broken or something. It shouldn't fall off unless someone unscrews the crap out of it. Get a new cheapo carb. Amazon sells them. It takes all of 10 mins to swap a carb on these carts. That will be easier than trying to find that screw.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 08:45 PM   #8
socom0240
Not Yet Wild

So buy a new carb just for the screw? I am not sure I didn't do this to myself. The first post said to unscrew it. So that's what I did, completely unscrewed it. Then I screwed it back in until it felt lightly seated, and then unscrewed it about 1 turn again. It really felt like it could fall out, but I figured I would follow the instructions since I am not a mechanic.
Old 06-22-2017, 08:50 PM   #9
socom0240
Not Yet Wild

I may not sound right now like I appreciate everyone's advise but I actually do very much. This cart is just driving me crazy and I really love driving it with my kids, especially my 9 year old daughter, she loves this time spent together. I don't have 3 or 4 grand to spend on anything newer right now since we are a family of 5 on 1 income. Pity party over, lol
Old 06-22-2017, 09:22 PM   #10
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Lochin says buy the carb and put it on I say buy the carb and use the screw out of the new carb in the old make sure to use spring that's what holds the screw in your old one being mashed in probably was weak and why it fell off when you backed it out
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha