lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-21-2017, 02:08 PM   #1
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default yamaha wheel offset vs ezgo

I have a chance to pick up some 12" yamaha (or so i was told they were yamaha) wheels for my cart. I want to go bigger, I like the look, but when we put them on my buddies work horse they seemed to be really close to his leaf springs. I have a 1993 marathon, I was wondering will I have the same issues? I already have some homemade .75" spacers behind my wheels because I have oversized tires on my stock 8" rims. i can still use the spacers but I'm just wondering if anybody knows if they sit in farther than stock ezgo rims? my buddy said his workhorse felt very narrow and more tippy when he put on the yamaha rims.
nwocart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-21-2017, 03:24 PM   #2
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: yamaha wheel offset vs ezgo

rims are rims, the only difference between EZGO and Yamaha applications are the lug nuts, they're Metric on the Yamaha.

That said, each rim is different. There are 7" wide rims with 3:4 offset, 5:2 offset, etc - it depends on the design of the rim. Now, if You plan on using a good quality set of axle spacers You can pretty much dial any rim in to the clearance and fit You feel comfortable with. Stock metal rims have no offset, BTW, I'm referring to aftermarket stuff
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 07:33 AM   #3
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: yamaha wheel offset vs ezgo

Yeah I'm not sure what the offset is, these were craigslist rims that the guy said came off of a yamaha. The offset must be different from his stock workhorse rims. On my cart I'm thinking I might try to fit them with my lug spacers that someone made
nwocart is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO