lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-27-2017, 12:08 PM   #1
mway
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2012 RXV brake problem

when slowing down a light touch on the brake works good. If you have to depress the brake fully to stop, it takes several throttle pumps and pauses to start it back moving. Any ideas as what the problem may be. Individual I bought it from had the brake replaced right before I bought it.
mway is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-27-2017, 12:39 PM   #2
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2012 RXV brake problem

If your depressing the brake that far you are locking the brake up. It will lock up at any speed and not a good idea. You will destroy the brake and maybe the motor.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 12:42 PM   #3
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Next time it happens put it in N and tow mode and see if you can push it. Brake should be unlocked at that point.
Old 10-27-2017, 01:12 PM   #4
mjroman20
Gone Wild

Your brake pedal pot may be sticking a bit, pumping the throttle may loosen it. I've found the RXV controls will not run if they see even 1% braking request from that input. I think someone on here mentioned a spring return on the brake pedal once being too stretched out resulting in low % of brake signal as it was not returning to full up.
mjroman20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 08:52 PM   #5
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjroman20 View Post
Your brake pedal pot may be sticking a bit, pumping the throttle may loosen it. I've found the RXV controls will not run if they see even 1% braking request from that input. I think someone on here mentioned a spring return on the brake pedal once being too stretched out resulting in low % of brake signal as it was not returning to full up.
Yuppirs, and slipping short pieces of tubing over the ends of the spring rod will bush it and tighten the spring a bit. That is usually enough to get it back to fully upright position if the pedal pivot rod assembly is cleaned well and lubed.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 07:29 AM   #6
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

You would think with all the members here and all the connections we have we would know who makes that spring. E-Z-GO says it's not them so who makes it and whom is putting it on? It's only found on fleet carts so that narrows it down. Who has the answer to this puzzle?
Old 10-28-2017, 07:39 AM   #7
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by usgicollector View Post
You would think with all the members here and all the connections we have we would know who makes that spring. E-Z-GO says it's not them so who makes it and whom is putting it on? It's only found on fleet carts so that narrows it down. Who has the answer to this puzzle?
Oh, that add-on spring... It looks like an automotive brake spring for pulling the brake shoes together against the hydraulic wheel cylinders. Any auto parts stores should have those in various sizes.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 10:42 AM   #8
SBIRD!
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Is the spring axcessed by removing the floor matt? I was also told to lube that area, WD40 OK for that or should something else be used ?
SBIRD! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 11:00 AM   #9
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBIRD! View Post
Is the spring axcessed by removing the floor matt? I was also told to lube that area, WD40 OK for that or should something else be used ?
1. Yes

2. Don't use WD 40. Use a light oil something like 3n1 oil.
Old 10-28-2017, 12:27 PM   #10
mway
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the advice.I will check those things mentioned.
mway is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO